Login

"COOLTEC EQP-1A3S" Now Available !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: "COOLTEC EQP-1A3S" Now Available !!!

Postby surbitone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:07 pm

This EQ honestly sounds 'better', or should I say 'more aurally appealing' than anything in my rack or computer. Seriously, wtf?! :shock: Between this, the N*****n console, PLParEQ and the W295, I have all my bases covered.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mertayy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 pm

surbitone wrote:Seriously, wtf?! :shock: Between this, the N*****n console, PLParEQ and the W295, I have all my bases covered.

...until something else will be released... :lol:
mertayy

Postby Marchenoir » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi there,

I can't make a decision ! I already own Mammoth EQ and MWC EQ and I'm looking for something rounder, fatter and creamier to complement. It seems like both Fate EQ and Cooltec EQP-1A3S give this kind of sound, but in a different way I guess. I would like to use this on kick and bass as well as vocals and acoustic guitars and... well, almost on everything :D

Both are highly acclaimed around here. So which one would you recommend to me ? I know you're gonna say that both are great and, well, I will surely buy both in the end :) but, anyway, I would like some opinion for a first purchasing.

Thank you !
Marchenoir
User Level I
User Level I

Postby surbitone » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:47 pm

mertayy wrote:
...until something else will be released... :lol:

So true, where's the facepalm icon? :lol:
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby piperboy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Both ARE great! Both could do the job. But in my opinion, as mentioned before, this eq is not only famous because of it's mind blowing eq curves; it is legendary for the "everything sounds better just passing through it" affect it has on material. The preamp only setting is included as well as several other program settings to let you go about any where you want to go.

Also, I used to think the word tube automatically meant warmer and better- not always the case, especially here. This unit is more emulated than any other eq on the market... ever wonder why? Trust me get both, but I seriously look at cooltec more for what it sounds like you are describing... :P

peace
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Marchenoir » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Thank you piperboy for your quick and interesting answer. You helped me to make up my mind : I purchased the Cooltec EQ. It's just beautiful ! So round, deep and mellow !
And as I said - and as you recommended - I will certainly purchase the Fate EQ also, one day or another.

Thank you again.
Marchenoir
User Level I
User Level I

Postby lordnielson » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:56 pm

@ Michael, From the manual:

"For low levels the "Drive" effect can be increased by a few decibels if desired"

The Drive function is a "no fly zone" in virtually every Nebula library so far because it produces fake harmonics. How come you recommend using it here ?
lordnielson

Postby highvoltage » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:26 pm

fake or not fake, lot of programs sound good with some added harmonics. Try the tape booster or the Vcult
highvoltage

Postby tumburu » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I don't know if "fake" is appropriate, I think it emphasizes the harmonics that are there.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby surbitone » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

I know I'm not 'meant' to, but I frequently use the drive slider. I just let my ears tell me what hinders or helps. And yes, the harmonics appear to be enhanced, not fabricated.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries