Login

COOLTEC EQP-1A3S by CDSoundmaster...

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

COOLTEC EQP-1A3S by CDSoundmaster...

Postby Fishmac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Well,

ever since I have used Nebula Eqs, the difference in quality when comparing it to a digital eq was obvious overall, but the main attraction was boosting high frequencies. ever since i bought program after program but recently i thought, alright, now it's enough! and seriously - doc fear, nice eq, geq, mammoth... they all sound great and give you a wonderful top end.

and now this...

please get the generous demo of this baby (the first real pultec, after all!) and give it a shot!
Fishmac
User Level III
User Level III

Re: COOLTEC EQP-1A3S by CDSoundmaster...

Postby BLUESMAN » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Link, please :D

Edit: :D
Last edited by BLUESMAN on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby futur2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Fishmac wrote:ever since i bought program after program but recently i thought, alright, now it's enough!

that's what i think everytime! but a pultec is hard to resist (as is the N*****n console alexb released). well actually it is not :P i think i will wait until alex' pultec version comes and then make a decision between them.

one thing i noted when looking into the manual, the naming convention is really hard to decipher. when you have more programs with such cryptic names it slows down the working process.
futur2

Postby futur2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 pm

BLUESMAN wrote:Link, please :D

not sure if the links are meant for posting. i doubt it otherwise michael would make his own threads. it's previous customer preorders and they get it via e-mail.
futur2

Postby BLUESMAN » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 pm

futur2 wrote:

not sure if the links are meant for posting. i doubt it otherwise michael would make his own threads. it's previous customer preorders and they get it via e-mail.

Ahhh, sorry I googeled it.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby futur2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:12 pm

BLUESMAN wrote:
futur2 wrote:

Ahhh, sorry I googeled it.

i see, it's easy to find indeed. maybe michael will chime in...
futur2

Postby mertayy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm

[/quote]that's what i think everytime! but a pultec is hard to resist (as is the N*****n console alexb released). well actually it is not :P i think i will wait until alex' pultec version comes and then make a decision between them.[/quote]

From what I read on the info cdsoundmaster wrote (I wasn't aware of the history of the brand and product range) the unit Alex will be sampling might be different.
Last edited by mertayy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mertayy

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi everyone,

The public post is coming soon. You beat me to it again!

Yes, from what Alex has stated, he is building his own custom Pultec. There will be others in the future as well. Each variation of the EQP-1 and EQP-1A, PEQ, MEQ, and 1A3s that newer companies have made end up having a wonderful unique quality of their own. Regardless of the tube and solid state make-up, one of the biggest challenges to getting the absolute sound of the originals is in the original transformers. I think that everything from the Siemens W295B to the N*****n to original Pultecs are all in a class by themselves, where even if they were $150 each it is a steal, considering it is worth having one of each, even two, of the hardware.
Regarding the naming mentioned for the programs, it is really easy to learn. It is about hands on use. There is only one code being used and it is consistent for the whole collection. "L" = Low. "H" = High. "M" = Mid. "B" = Boost. "C" = Cut. They are separated into regular, interpolated, and clean. So, if, for example, a program said "LHBC" it would be "low high boost cut." Most likely you will use the same favorites over and over. I actually find the flow inside Nebula a relief, as Pultecs are always a little counter-intuitive to me- turning up one dial for boost and turning up the second for cut, and remembering that the second set has variable "Q" for dial 1 and only shelf cut for dial 2. It is so fast and smooth in Neb! :)
So, the post is coming soon! :)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby futur2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:Yes, from what Alex has stated, he is building his own custom Pultec. There will be others in the future as well.

i think alex changed his plan and bought a REAL pultec. we'll see what it will be :P

cdsoundmaster wrote:Regarding the naming mentioned for the programs, it is really easy to learn. It is about hands on use. There is only one code being used and it is consistent for the whole collection. "L" = Low. "H" = High. "M" = Mid. "B" = Boost. "C" = Cut. They are separated into regular, interpolated, and clean.

yes and no. EQP1A3S-AB1, EQP1A3S-AC100-I, EQP1A3S-HLBCC, EQP1A3S-LBC1IC, EQP1A3S-LBC2IC, EQP1A3SPREHIC randomly picked, everybody here jump up and tell me what exactly all of that means WITHOUT looking into the manual.
futur2

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm

OK,
"A" stands for "ALL".
I believe that the manual explains things well, and the programs are organized into their proper sub-categories.

The release is posted now:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

futur2 wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:Regarding the naming mentioned for the programs, it is really easy to learn. It is about hands on use. There is only one code being used and it is consistent for the whole collection. "L" = Low. "H" = High. "M" = Mid. "B" = Boost. "C" = Cut. They are separated into regular, interpolated, and clean.

yes and no. EQP1A3S-AB1, EQP1A3S-AC100-I, EQP1A3S-HLBCC, EQP1A3S-LBC1IC, EQP1A3S-LBC2IC, EQP1A3SPREHIC randomly picked, everybody here jump up and tell me what exactly all of that means WITHOUT looking into the manual.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries