Login

OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Postby vicnestE » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:35 am

With the official LeCto V1
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/
The new high gain is more dynamic and less compressed, bass is less boomy.
And the resonance button boost a lot less low frequency.

Using 412 rectifier v30 V1 & V2, the mute lacks some low frequency.
Not as punchy as famous IRs (Catharsis-awesome time-fredman, lolzgreg).

What's the settings of low pass filter and high pass filter of your libraries?
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:03 pm

As you state in your post, this is the difference between the beta and the official release of the amp sim, not my impulses.
If what you say is true, I will be very thankful. I tried the beta through some OwnHammer cabs, and to get the same percieved loudness, I had to have the beta version with around a 4-6 dB higher peak value (didn't check RMS, I was just messing around with it) than other amp sim plugins, and all the bass was below the necessary value for guitar in a mix. If this has been resolved, I for one will find even more use for that already great sounding plugin! When using the new version, to get the same bass presence I suggest changing the virtual amp settings, and possibly using an impulse with more bass (i.e. if you're using SM57-2, use SM57-4, or Mix-n-Match 3 or 4).
Additionally (read my post following this one), if big thick metal is your thing, my next release will probably be your cup of tea!
Last edited by ownhammer on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ownhammer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey everybody,
Just wanted to give a heads up on what the next few OwnHammer IR releases are going to be. I don't have dates, just an order of the next releases:
412-GTR Mills 12K - great for, but not limited to, metal
112-GTR Boogafunk 12L - the true EVM thiele sound
412-GTR SLM H65 - gooey Marshall sound
412-GTR Krank TEX - anothter addition to, but not limited to, the metal player's palette
These on top of what has already been released should cover a lot of tonal ground for everyone! Open back IR's are also on the short list, and I'm hoping to release them in tandem with the first batch of 'Rooms and Spaces' IR's so users can get the 'cab in the room' feel. This is subject to change, but is the intention!
Kevin
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby indravayu » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Kevin,
You should consider doing a bass cab impulse, too - I bet you could blow away the cab sims from the IKM AmpegSVX, which a lot of us use on our DI'd bass tracks.

- Chris
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ownhammer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 am

Hi Chris,
Have been fully planning on it from the get-go! Some details can be found on:
http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses
http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/bass-cab
Definitely going to get some of the main guitar cabs out of the way first, but the bass cabs won't be too far behind them!
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby vicnestE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:57 am

ownhammer wrote:

As you state in your post, this is the difference between the beta and the official release of the amp sim, not my impulses.
If what you say is true, I will be very thankful. I tried the beta through some OwnHammer cabs, and to get the same percieved loudness, I had to have the beta version with around a 4-6 dB higher peak value (didn't check RMS, I was just messing around with it) than other amp sim plugins, and all the bass was below the necessary value for guitar in a mix. If this has been resolved, I for one will find even more use for that already great sounding plugin! When using the new version, to get the same bass presence I suggest changing the virtual amp settings, and possibly using an impulse with more bass (i.e. if you're using SM57-2, use SM57-4, or Mix-n-Match 3 or 4).
Additionally (read my post following this one), if big thick metal is your thing, my next release will probably be your cup of tea!

OK! Thanks for the tips.
But Rectifier EQ is pre-EQ, I might add an post EQ between the preamp and nebula.
And wait for your new cabs demos. 8-)
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby MOjO_FET » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 pm

++1 on the bass cabs!!!!!!!

It's exciting to hear such good feedback on new Nebula cabs. Can't wait to try them. I do own my own cabs and amps but, to have such a diversity of amps and sounds which you can use on any kind of instruments/sources is inspiring! And in some ways more practical than the real thing....

I could never have that many cabs in my room :) :) :) :) :)

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries