Login

OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 am

oh yeah would be interested in something fenderish!

Sorry for hijacking this thread :o
"Twang" in different variations and Blues/Tweed + Devil are in the works from analoginthebox.com.
We have finished them already but we will re-work on everything with more mic variations and a different signal chain.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ownhammer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:23 am

53x$20=$1060

that's a little much. i know not everyone needs everything but still some food for thought

The pricing has been gone over, however I'll comment on this, and please take my response as light in tone! :D
Consider the amount that all of the equipment costs, the time and effort to develop all this, the experience behind it, the convenience of having all these sounds at your fingertips, and the sheer size and options you would have. All of this considered, I (personally) feel it's practically giving it away. If you purchase a single guitar preamp of high quality, you get maybe 2 to 4 channels out of it, right? Or similarly, at $1060 you can get what, 1 channel of high quality mic preamp? If you had 50-ish of these libraries, your sound palette to pull from is infinitely larger than similar tone shaping tools.
This is also why I created the sound demos, and went to the length that I did with them. I wanted to provide the opportunity for the customer to make the best decision on what to do with their money. I don't require people to go into a purchase deaf, nor make them jump through houps to hear what they sound like. I have the amp setting on the page as well in case you want to try to compare my sounds with what you could come up with using virtually the same signal chain! This way you don't have to own them all if doing so would not benefit you. ;)
Long and short, I have tried very hard to make the choices for customers as easy as possible, and the pricing schemes were toiled over to be appropriate. I feel that most do not understand (or unfortunately, appreciate) the workload involved in creating these kinds of libraries. Hopefully my above comments have helped shed some light on perspective. :)
I have been asked about something along the lines of 2x12 Fender-ish, and believe me, it's something I am hoping to do. Given the time, opportunity, and motivation to do such, I plan on running with this as far as I am physically able to! Once I get a lot of the "baseline" products up for sale, I will be trying to branch laterally and get as much diverse material available as possible. So hang in there, many good things will be to come! :D
Best Regards,
Kevin
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby futur2 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:00 am

ownhammer wrote:
53x$20=$1060

that's a little much. i know not everyone needs everything but still some food for thought

The pricing has been gone over, however I'll comment on this, and please take my response as light in tone! :D

hey kevin, no worries. it's your library and you are free to charge what ever you feel you should! ;) the "total bundle" price is just something that crossed my mind. r2r is an extensive library for example and even with it people were complaining. everything nebula has been so inexpensive by now that it is only a matter of time til developers start charging more. i'm not rich so i like prices to stay low :P

i will wait for some more cabs to pick the right ones for me but will keep watching with curious attention. all fender attempts are welcome. there's more than metal guys out there :mrgreen:
futur2

Postby vicnestE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:30 am

I remember fender is on the aqua plugin list of Analog In The Box.
Niklas has shown some photos on his facebook.
It seems that the painstaking turning the cab LOUD enough to sample it with freqeuncy scan has done.
But there's no news recently.

Diversity are welcome such as the V30 in #1 & #2.
Most of OwnHammer Impulses are great but I personally don't like some of the microphone or they need more tweaking.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:29 am

there's more than metal guys out there

I'm looking very forward to getting all of my Boogafunk and Stone Age products out to you guys (I feel you'll love them!), and I'm going to pace them with the 4x12's. Trying not to neglect any particular audiences, just trying to provide to the biggest ones first!

Most of OwnHammer Impulses are great but I personally don't like some of the microphone or they need more tweaking.

Even though all of the mics were level matched going into the deconvolution phase, the resultant vectors are slightly mismatched volume wise coming out. Liking the sound of a mic is definitely personal preference, however with the "tweaking" of them, have a look see at your level meters. For the ones you think need more tweaking, I bet you'll see the output level drop just a bit. Changing this may change your mind, may not! 8-) For what it's worth, this phenomenon is not present in the SYX or WAV packages.
Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Kevin
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Formbank » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 am

I too looked at the AE neb programs and while I thought they were better than the 'static' IRs, however, I felt they weren't quite the 'real deal'.

I bought the '412-GTR' library with the 'Celestion Vintage 30 #2' speaker. Initially, I had a problem with the downloads timing out, But Kevin promptly offered a solution. I've only spent a relatively short time with this library, but I can say that I think it's very impressive.

These cab programs are smooth and weighty - in that I can 'hear' the speaker's effect in a sense, I've be trying them out primarily with overdriven / distorted tones and I'm getting a very authentic 4X12 sound.

On the subject of price, I think $20 is eminently reasonable, when you consider what you get in the library.

My only other comparison of note is the Signaltonoize 'Amp Deluxe' program which I still think is great, but these cabs impart a different kind of tone to that one.

Oh and finally, the VCult 'T' program before the cabs sounds great too !
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby gbevin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 am

Hard to resist, so I got 412-GTR with the Celestion Vintage 30 #1.

Fit perfectly in a mix I'm currently working on. I replaced the cabinets I had already set up in Guitar Rig 4, keeping the amps and FXs in place, liking the sound a lot.

I hope to find some time soon to try setting it up for live playing.
gbevin
User Level II
User Level II

Postby futur2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 pm

gbevin wrote:Hard to resist, so I got 412-GTR with the Celestion Vintage 30 #1.

i fear i cannot resist too :shock:

too late :mrgreen:

edit: after 20 min testing i can say this (cv 30 #1) sounds really good! for sure better than normal impulses. i fear i won't be able to resist when more models come :shock:
futur2

Postby bottom1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:04 pm

OwnHammer... Congrats on your Library and I commend you on your effort, my first attempt at listening to your examples was unsuccessful... Anyway... hopefully, after reading all this, I'll get back around to checking your product out, but the whole $20 X 50 equation is going to be hard to bounce back from... Esp when you take into consideration I could purchase EVERY one of AlexB's programs for about $700.00...

Anyway, I wish you success... We understand all the incurred cost associated with development, I think you didn't do your homework, when it comes to Price Point vs your Customer purchasing habits...

I think that once you have all your Libraries up you might want to institute a Buy X amount of Programs for X amount of $...
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ownhammer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi everyone,
Thanks to those who pulled the trigger, very happy to hear that you are enjoying the libraries and I know you will enjoy the MANY more to come!
With the audio demos displaying the differences in sound between all the products, I believe you are right in that I did not feel there would be a "collect them all" sentiment amongst prospective consumers. I estimated most would have a few exact sounds they were looking for, find the right libraries, and then get back to making music. In the light that this was in fact an incorrect assumption, and in general to reward repeat business, I am currently working to integrate discount options at this time. :D As this will more than likely require an overhaul of my transactional framework, I do not have an estimated completion date.
Last edited by ownhammer on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries