Login

AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:06 am

RJHollins wrote:I do wonder if the Gain stepping can have smaller increments for the GMC-EQ in the proposed next version.

Totally agree with you, Mercado, on the musicality. 8-)

Also ... just how much 'better' can Alex do this?

I know [and use MFC], and how good it sounds ... but even the current GMC does something so nice. None of the other consoles can touch it. Maybe because of style, instrumentation, mix, that determines ... but for my 2 latest sessions, GMC [and EQ] took them to a beautiful, musical level. The depth, full controlled bottom end, and ability to both clear the MIDs and tame at the same time. Just love it. 8-)

Well, now you have 2 EQs. One suited for mastering purposes (W495STB) and another for mixing (W495B). Both look identical on the outside but the sound is different (different bandwidths, slopes, no input transformer in the mastering version, etc.). Both were sampled in stereo which as you know is a great bonus for the stereo image (He has two of each. Serviced and all). The lathe mastering console was also sampled in stereo, even the filters and the inputs (vintage and clean). It has 5 mixbus presets now with different tone, character and sound.

So yes, I think he did it better now 8-)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:17 am

richie43 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:Tell Alex I NEED that Suite as soon as He has it ready ! :lol:

Send him an email and tell him yourself!!

No ... I'd rather 'badger' him in open forum :lol:

Just on break from Mastering. The project tonite is yet another featuring the GMC and EQ's.
Another restoration/mastering.

I've got a live performance recording of 6 songs: Sunshine of my Life, Feelings, The Way We Were, My Way, others ... Again with excellent musicianship & Vocal.

The GMC/EQ has brought an intimacy to these tracks. With the EQ's, there is only a single click of cut or boost. [Actually, the limit of +/- 2dB, and 3 Q positions is rather refreshing]. I also have the AIR-eQ to handle any gaps or slight touch-up areas.

I don't know why, but I had taken a break using this Suite, and a few days back got thinking about and re-auditioned it.

It was an INSTANT decision/selection.

Even if you Guys are pulling my leg, and AlexB has no intention of releasing an update version ... I don't even care :o
You say the new update is even better ... I don't care :shock:

The current release is absolute magic. I'm listening to playbacks ... at various levels ... and this just plays like a studio recording [rather than a live show at a niteclub]. You can lean forward an kiss the girl singing. Yes ... she sounds that cute. :oops:

Anyway ... I have a deadline of Tuesday.

Alex ... if you're reading this ... I got a deadline !!!

... break time over ... later 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 am

The last thing I really need is yet one more console library. Yet I have some extra dollars this months and I know now what I will be spending it on. Here is hoping it is going to be released very soon......
mtalavera

Postby Barendse » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:57 am

Looking forward Alex!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby roeland » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:50 pm

A version with 1 dB gain steps is a common mod used in the stereo EQ's of the N*****n mastering consoles. I have been using both the GMD & the GMC libraries with great effect for years now - they are great for old school rock, but also work very well with orchestral music / film scores. Everything released by the legendary DGG label in the seventies and early eighties of last century was mastered on N*****n lathe consoles like Alex's GMC library.

All the classical stuff, but also quite a lot of rock (Dark side of the Moon, for instance) was done with N*****n OE Duo EQ's - a stereo mastering version of the W495 - that had the 1 dB mod. If this mod could be included in GMC V2 it would be the most perfect mastering library in Nebula land. Especially since Alex already made an other mod by splitting the original single mid band in a low mid and a high mid band.

So please Alex, if possible, could you consider 1 db steps in the EQ?

And I love to know what filters were sampled? The HT75 originally found in the SP 79 consoles have different cut off points. In fact the 20, 30, 40 high pass filter of the GMC library is a much better then the 40, 63, 80 option of the original HT75 - much better suited to much heavier low end of contemporary mixes....

Hope my wish comes true...

Roeland (very happy Alex B customer!)
roeland
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:56 pm

roeland wrote:A version with 1 dB gain steps is a common mod used in the stereo EQ's of the N*****n mastering consoles. I have been using both the GMD & the GMC libraries with great effect for years now - they are great for old school rock, but also work very well with orchestral music / film scores. Everything released by the legendary DGG label in the seventies and early eighties of last century was mastered on N*****n lathe consoles like Alex's GMC library.

All the classical stuff, but also quite a lot of rock (Dark side of the Moon, for instance) was done with N*****n OE Duo EQ's - a stereo mastering version of the W495 - that had the 1 dB mod. If this mod could be included in GMC V2 it would be the most perfect mastering library in Nebula land. Especially since Alex already made an other mod by splitting the original single mid band in a low mid and a high mid band.

And I love to know what filters were sampled? The HT75 originally found in the SP 79 consoles have different cut off points. In fact the 20, 30, 40 high pass filter of the GMC library is a much better then the 40, 63, 80 option of the original HT75 - much better suited to much heavier low end of contemporary mixes....

I am pretty sure all of your wishes will come true with this.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:44 pm

roeland wrote:A version with 1 dB gain steps is a common mod used in the stereo EQ's of the N*****n mastering consoles. I have been using both the GMD & the GMC libraries with great effect for years now - they are great for old school rock, but also work very well with orchestral music / film scores. Everything released by the legendary DGG label in the seventies and early eighties of last century was mastered on N*****n lathe consoles like Alex's GMC library.

As Rich mentioned, your wish will come true.

HPF = 20Hz, 30hz and 30Hz.
LPF = 16kHz, 18kHz and 20kHz.
No stepped gain.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Brian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Excellent news! I've emailed Alex, he confirms that a new update is on the way and should be released quite soon.

GMC is also really awesome on a drums or rhythm/bass subgroup.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries