Login

AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED !

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Analog will always sound louder by the way they work on transients as well as other aspects of the sound. I think our 3rd party developers do their best to maintain a good balance between the input and output of their programs but we can't really run away from this 'louder' magic in the analog world :)

I know this isn't your reason but pure curiosity, I just wanted to mention it because sometimes people talk about 'level match' when they're A/b'ing stuff when this isn't really necessary if you really want to 'hear' what the plug-in/program does.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mertayy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I mean I didn't point out anything because I suspected there was a "cheat" only mentioning what I noticed. I think I already mentioned somewhere this release will be my next buy :D

I see that given eq settings are always added rather than decreased and I saw even most experienced ME's can sometimes miss that 1 db when comparing results (just look at gearslutz-gear shootout forums, its rare I see comparisons methods or levels are accurate). Not the end of the world of course even if I'm right or wrong :)

Also to be clear, mastered version still sounds better imho when gain is decreased ;)
mertayy

Postby prosodio » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:52 pm

mertayy wrote:I hope I didn't offend anyone, I mean I didn't point out anything because I suspected there was a "cheat" only mentioning what I noticed. I think I already mentioned somewhere this release will be my next buy :D

I see that given eq settings are always added rather than decreased and I saw even most experienced ME's can sometimes miss that 1 db when comparing results (just look at gearslutz-gear shootout forums, its rare I see comparisons methods or levels are accurate). Not the end of the world of course even if I'm right or wrong :)

Also to be clear, mastered version still sounds better imho when gain is decreased ;)

No offense taken at all!!! I understand your point, maybe I should decrease the volume in the console input to match the dry version, but as you say, when turn it down still sounds way better, the instruments glue nicely with the input/output combo!!!!!

Alex, one question, is there a chance to master the dry file I´ve sent you with the real console and the same eq values?, so we can compare...
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:07 pm

prosodio wrote:Alex, one question, is there a chance to master the dry file I´ve sent you with the real console and the same eq values?, so we can compare...

This is something I've always wanted to ask Alex but always forget about it. Examples between the ITB, real desk and Nebula program mixes would definitely show the world out there what we're 'hearing' here and most don't believe :) People think we're crazy... let's prove them wrong ;)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 pm

does any1 else have problems downloading this from the customer area?when i enter my username and password,the box keeps popping up and asking my to enter my info again??so havent gotten this downloadet yet

have also sent a mail to alex

just wanted to know if any1 else have these problems??
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby mertayy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm

prosodio wrote:No offense taken at all!!!

Ah great, you know language barrier can sometimes cause misunderstanding and I hate it when it happens :)

Also since you mentioned you own a Gyraf GXIV, I hope you're into sampling eq's :lol:
mertayy

Postby AlexB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am

Normally the file processed with nebula shows more RMS due to harmonic contents. It's right and normal as in the real-hardware world.

Prosodio: yes (but now I'm busy), I can but I need the original mix at original sample rate / bit depth. Also, I need to know what dither you have used... I don't know you but I can hear the different sound by different dithers :D

And I think that event with this test some people still say: nebula is orrible.

ErotiCore SteNch: please be patient. You have the access when the order will be processed and you'll receive this confirmation by email.

Thanks
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 pm

i got it downloadet,just wondering am i the only one that cant seem to find the buss out program??

in the manual it says insert a buss out before brickwall limiter,but i can only find gmc st out??
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Stolle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 pm

ErotiCore SteNch wrote:but i can only find gmc st out??

Reading the manual I think that is the one referred to as the bus.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby AlexB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Stereo Buss, Mixbuss, buss out... All are the same thing...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries