Login

AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB : Vintage German Mastering Console PRO - RELEASED !

Postby AlexB » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Better in this way:

[*R2R by CDSoundmaster]->[Mastering Console Input]->[**]->[Mastering Console EQ]->[**]->[Mastering Console Bus]->[(good)Digital plugin limiter]

* = recommended if needs
** = other processors if needs, hardware or software.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:39 pm

have just sent request for 25% returning customer discount,ordered this as soon as i tried the demo,really really like the sound of this

great job alex
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby HIFIDELITY » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Alex, Demos sound fantastic,very euphoric! I really like how the bass sounds. I think mixing with the CLC PRO and then mastering with this will be a dynamite combination on any Dance/Electronica Production! Just one question Alex, Is the EQ in this library the same as the VMeq? If yes,is it possible to buy the console separately? if no,how does this differ to the VMeq? Many Thanx
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby AlexB » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 pm

The eQs are very differents, the VMeQ (Teldec) is more colored with character. The eQ in the GMC (N*****n) is more clean with different curve, frequency and circuitry. Try both the demo end you can listen the differences.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:10 pm

The VMeQ has a 3 bands while the GMC has 4 bands plus 2 filters for low and high. Like Alex said, the VMeQ is a bit more colored and 'drastic' than the GMC. The GMC has Q settings for very narrow cuts/* which are really useful for Mastering or Bus equalization.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby HIFIDELITY » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Thats Fantastic, I already own VMeq so will be picking this up for sure! the narrow mastering grade filters sound exellent. Thanx for the info, i should have read the small print :?
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby mertayy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Alex can you confirm, seems in audio demo mastered version is a db louder?
mertayy

Postby prosodio » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 pm

This eq is simply fantastic. I´m opening my mastering facilty and I have to say I won´t buy a second hardware eq (I own a Gyraf G XIV), with BMQ and GMC (stereo versions) I feel I can master all kind of stuff, the Gyraf is a passive tube eq and it adds a nice character, stereo widening and full colour. This eq and mastering console has saved me a lot of money. When I compare BMQ and GMC I wouldnt say these are worst than my hardware eq, the quality is absolutly the SAME, but the colour is totally different wich is nice for my work.

On the compression side I have Gyraf GX wich is a very coloured unit, here I´ll buy something more transparent as second comp (vertigo, smart C2 or NTP 179, still avaliable????) I still don´t feel nebula comps are reaching the level of the eq´s.

Greetigns
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby prosodio » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 pm

mertayy wrote:Alex can you confirm, seems in audio demo mastered version is a db louder?

Mertayy, I did the master from Alexb page, actually it isn´t a master itself, only a little touch of eq boosts (no comp no limiting)+ input+output of the console, for this reason you feel it´s louder than the dry version.
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mertayy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:58 pm

I have no comment for mastering process; after I listened, I got curious and just placed my voxengo limiter on both examples to see rms values and they are different.
mertayy

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries