Login

VCult - new distortion released

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

VCult - new distortion released

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:27 pm

V.Cult is based on a unique distortion/coloring box: The Cu.lture Vulture. It can range from subtle distortion to more obvious color and character. The distortion is derivative of multiple tubes including 6AS6 as the main source. This library will give the flexibility between adding weight and color or obvious tone shaping.
-
Check previous post, website for more info and graphs.
-
Over 40 MB of audio demo’s to listen to.
Audio Demo: http://www.divshare.com/download/12729554-bfe
-
Two separate library presets included at a little over 100 MB
Free Demo available: limited to the “T” preset with up to +3 ‘Bias’ adjustment and +3 dB ‘Drive’ adjustment. Distortion response, etc., all otherwise intact.
Free Preset Demo: http://www.divshare.com/download/12729553-db6
-
ReadMe attached here for Demo users
Attachments
VCult ReadMe.pdf
VCult ReadMe
(101.43 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Re: VCult - new distortion released

Postby scooter » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Awhhhhh yeah! 8-)
-Scott
scooter

Postby mertayy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Lower wide bell mid band very gently with any eq, insert this demo and boost both sliders, add 1-2 db gain with limiter...there you go, mastering finished :lol:

Seriously though, I'm impressed :shock:
mertayy

Postby futur2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:12 pm

hey bob, both mix demos sound great! did you compress or limit the vcult files somehow after the vcult presets or not?
even after looking into the manual it's still not clear to me why to use nebula drive with one preset and your own drive with the other? maybe you could explain that a little.
futur2

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Yup I used really transparent settings. A good reminder of this is when there was an r2r discussion on these types of comp/limit transparent settings such as very small ratios and high threshld settings for example with tape stuff. Of course you don't have to control peaks at all if you don't want to. You just get more use out of the rms of a signal while imparting such tones.
The drive thing is really dependent on the session implementation. To put it simply, if a nebula program has it's own drive stick with that. If it's the Nebula drive only, then go ahead and use it. As all rules are made to be broken, if theres a time where both drives being driven sound good to you, then by all means.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:28 pm

TranscendingMusic wrote:Yup I used really transparent settings. A good reminder of this is when there was an r2r discussion on these types of comp/limit transparent settings such as very small ratios and high threshld settings for example with tape stuff. Of course you don't have to control peaks at all if you don't want to. You just get more use out of the rms of a signal while imparting such tones.

ok i see. not to take away from your presets but in all examples i've heard what fascinated me most beyond it's sound was the CVs abilty to make the signal so much louder with keeping the levels at the same time.
futur2

Postby mertayy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:05 pm

futur2 wrote:ok i see. not to take away from your presets but in all examples i've heard what fascinated me most beyond it's sound was the CVs abilty to make the signal so much louder with keeping the levels at the same time.

On a quick check seems there can be a db or two db rms differences in examples.

It does give the aesthetical option to increase gain though, I mean you get (simply) nicer sound and can use that to increase loudness so it still sounds good when squashed.
mertayy

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 am

Oh my, another classic tone/color in Nebula. I just put this right 'before' The Glue ('after' didn't sound like I expected) and now I'm getting exactly the sound I've always had in my head while compressing drums in the digital realm. Impressive work Bob, thank you very much for the free demo :)

I'd buy this in a blink of an eye guys, if you can. I'm pretty sure the full version sounds way better (and if this 'T' preset sounds like this I can't even imagine how the P6 performs). Give the demo a try, I really recommend it to get that 'round' and 'full' sound while working on compression with your favorite tool.

Thanks for filling another gap in the Nebula world, Bob.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby piperboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:03 am

you may be hearing from me soon! :mrgreen:
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby tumburu » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 am

It definitely adds a similar color to that given by the Phoenix :!:

I tried in many ways to come closer to that sound with many Nebula programs (the closest was to combine a certain preset from MTP and a bit of Doc Fear, but this one is instantly "there").

The compression behavior is harder to achieve (with the compressors I have), though, but the color this programs gives is very similar.

Will be buying it for sure.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries