Login

Tube 1-2" Tape Model

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Tube 1-2" Tape Model

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am

richie43 wrote:Ok. It's your song and client. I just wanted to make sure before I spend time on it. It looked like files that I have seen get wacky after transferring. I'll do my thing then. My plan is to do a semi-quick job of this, just so you have something to compare to. Also something to compare after paying the other service. If you want me to do something better or plan to release my version, let me know, ok?
sure enough, and i,m not paying the other company for this track, they are giving me a freebie on this one to see if i like their service. I don't think their doing a full fledge mastering job either (ppq text ect.). P.S. Now that I'm back on this forum I'm using neb again, but only for homemade mastering, no mixing.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:20 pm

cps418 wrote: P.S. Now that I'm back on this forum I'm using neb again, but only for homemade mastering, no mixing.

Why not mixing? Neb excels there.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 pm

richie43 wrote:
cps418 wrote: P.S. Now that I'm back on this forum I'm using neb again, but only for homemade mastering, no mixing.

Why not mixing? Neb excels there.
Because I always over process, and I'm more comfortable just using duende across the board, and adding the neb tone after.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh, you mean while actually tracking. I never track with any fx, unless it's an amp-sim or simple input fx. Definitely add stuff later. And Neb does not excel as a tracking tool in my experience. Huge CPU load, good luck with the low latency.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm

richie43 wrote:Oh, you mean while actually tracking. I never track with any fx, unless it's an amp-sim or simple input fx. Definitely add stuff later. And Neb does not excel as a tracking tool in my experience. Huge CPU load, good luck with the low latency.....

I used to track with 4 instances of neb, then i would highlight the that part and push the plus sign to nudge it on point in protools. My over processing happens in post production, and "duende channel strip", (comp, filters, eq, noise gate, expander = 10 instances of neb. on each track). Alex b. 9000 vs. duende, hands down Alex wins. (90% alex 70% duende), but throw in convenience, people paying money for sessions, and duende wins. Only we hear the difference, when a song comes on the radio i doubt the listeners are trying to size up if it's a 9000, or protools, or whatever.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Absolutely. I use Reaper, and I bet you would never know if I used the included Reaper plugins, all Neb, Waves, or whatever. And as I have said before, Neb is a terrible tool to pull out in front of a paying client, in my experience. OMG, I have seen some penny pinchers start to sweat when they see me load 4 instances of neb to eq a track.... but they never complain when they hear something I've done with Neb when they were not present. I have learned to flux my rates if I really want to use Nebula on some project. Greater good type of thought, I guess. But for my own work, my soundscape work, commercial work, personal...... Nebula almost completely.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

richie43 wrote:Absolutely. I use Reaper, and I bet you would never know if I used the included Reaper plugins, all Neb, Waves, or whatever. And as I have said before, Neb is a terrible tool to pull out in front of a paying client, in my experience. OMG, I have seen some penny pinchers start to sweat when they see me load 4 instances of neb to eq a track.... but they never complain when they hear something I've done with Neb when they were not present. I have learned to flux my rates if I really want to use Nebula on some project. Greater good type of thought, I guess. But for my own work, my soundscape work, commercial work, personal...... Nebula almost completely.
That said... the person you are mastering that track for is a quality man. he does not mind see neb come out, but all my other costumers are in their twenties, and teens, they just want to imagine themselves being P-Diddy, but the don't really want to pay for it. Neb 95%/ Duende 65%, (they don't care).
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

They pay your bills though, yes?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm

richie43 wrote:They pay your bills though, yes?

They pay some, construction pays the rest.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 am

Let me know how this stacks up against your other one. I didn't spend too much time on it, but it is denser, a little more weighty. I didn't squash it as much as the current trend, so you may have the perception of it "not being loud enough". Lol, I say. Use the volume knob/fader/button. I compared it to the original, and I like the thickness.

http://db.tt/Y0A7LJQu
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries