Login

Tube 1-2" Tape Model

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Tube 1-2" Tape Model

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:38 pm

cpwade wrote:Nice tunes Richie!

Thanks! And these aren't my songs even, or clients. I picked these for the Nebula examples because I can't use any client projects, as of right now. My personal projects are mostly missing parts, like vocals or that final finessing (plus my personal taste is even more diverse than these.... gotta keep these audio examples safe, ya know!). I thought that these varied remixes/remakes would show a broad range of tones achievable to anyone with some gear, a little skill, and a room with even just adequate acoustics. And depending on what people listen to, some of the originals may be familiar and then you can hear how the tones have been deepened, even the stems that were supposedly done in a high end studio. And for the record, these songs were not simply "mastered" with Nebula, after the initial tracking of my add-on instrumentation, all tracks were processed with almost all Nebula; from consoles, tapes, tubes, preamps, saturation, verbs eq-s (except for a few plugs from Valhalla, Sonimus, Sknote, and Stillwell).... The work-flow is not as fast as algo plugs, or even hardware, but the results are worth it to me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Very good indeed, I actualy like the songs you built from the ground up the best. As I said the kids i' m working with are mainly rap and r&b, and your last songs have the mastering vibe that fits, (not to airy, or reverbie). Idid just send out a track to an online mastering company, so I'm waiting for the results from that, but after sending that out I figured why not scout around this forum. The online companies range about 30, to 40 dollars a track, so I'm waiting.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 pm

cps418 wrote:Very good indeed, I actualy like the songs you built from the ground up the best. As I said the kids i' m working with are mainly rap and r&b, and your last songs have the mastering vibe that fits, (not to airy, or reverbie). Idid just send out a track to an online mastering company, so I'm waiting for the results from that, but after sending that out I figured why not scout around this forum. The online companies range about 30, to 40 dollars a track, so I'm waiting.

Thanks. I have never heard anything from the online mastering services that I liked, sorry to say. Maybe not at that price-point, but I also have specific ears with specific needs. I would be happy to do some comparison mastering for you, if you want. No charge, we'll call it an experiment for audio science. I also would be curious as to how my ears stack up against any of those other offers. So if you are interested, get back to me. All I need would be a wav format of your final unmastered mix. Like I said, this will be a good experience for me as well, so it's free-free-free! How about it?

Edit:
If you really want me to see what I could do, you COULD give me a buss mix, instead of just the 2 track mix. Not a full multi-track mix, but a mix of the main busses. Not so I can alter any mix decisions of yours, but sometimes it helps to have access to the busses for compression variety and eq options. Just a thought.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Yep. I share stems. I learned much with this type of mix collaboration.
cpwade

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 am

AS far as. The online thing, one of my clients wanted to try it out, so, that's what I did. This company gives a free " one track sample" so you can see if that's what you want. So Richie I'll upload the same track I sent them ( 24bit, 48 kHz, and no master bus fx.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 am

cps418 wrote:AS far as. The online thing, one of my clients wanted to try it out, so, that's what I did. This company gives a free " one track sample" so you can see if that's what you want. So Richie I'll upload the same track I sent them ( 24bit, 48 kHz, and no master bus fx.

Bring it on. I would love to hear what this other company delivers.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:53 am

They said it would be about 3 days till they email it back.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 am

Any time-line for when you will get me the unmastered track?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 am

richie43 wrote:Any time-line for when you will get me the unmastered track?
in about 20 min.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:23 am

Sweet. So give me 3 days..... :P
richie43
Expert
Expert