Login

Which 3rd party libraries are essential to you???

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Which 3rd party libraries are essential to you???

Postby cupraikso » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 am

Hi!

I'm a new Nebula 3 Pro user and I don't know which 3rd party libraries to get? Which libraries are essential for you?

I would love to get R2R, but it seems pretty expensive and I'm sure I'll only use one or two tape models. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!
cupraikso
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Which 3rd party libraries are essential to you???

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 am

R2R is the very top of my list. People often say "I wish I could only buy one or two machines", hell I said that too when I ponied up for it...all I can say is the other machines are so valuable to my work now I can't even begin to describe. There's only one machine I almost never use (the Sony) the rest of them all get regular use and should not be underestimated. When you consider the amount of programs (it's like 170 total) sampled plus the tape it took to run those sessions it's actually a very reasonable price.

If you get R2R you will almost certainly want to get the TapeBooster+ for the saturation piece.

Then there are the consoles; I don't think a person needs to necessarily buy a lot of them, but a console emulation stacked with the R2R/Tapebooster is good stuff. All of the console emulations I've tried (most of the ones that AlexB and CDSoundmaster have released) are all fabulous.

There are some great reverbs out there; VNXT's EMT140 is my go to (and a favorite of many). The signaltonoise units are very well thought of. And the rooms in Producer Pack 2 are excellent. H's drum reverb that was released recently got a lot of praise on the forum too (I haven't had a good project to try it on yet but I look forward to it).

There are gobs of nice EQs. Personally I get most mileage out of the Mammoth from AITB and Alex's S*L (I think it's the CLeQ) and 1073.

The Fate compressor is pretty new but I suspect it's only a matter of time before it becomes a favorite program of many, it's excellent.

Those are probably the top of my 3rd party list. There are lots of other great libraries and programs, those are just the ones I go to most frequently.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby himhui » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 am

If someone used to buy other vst plugins like XXXX, XXXXX and XXXXX :mrgreen: , Nebula's libraries are 10 times cheaper but mostly with more than ten times better in quality......
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:07 pm

i have actually started to replace my other plugins with nebula librarys

i have sold all my other eq plugins because i really think the eqs in nebula is that much better.

but definatly get R2R and the tapebooster+
and also the eqs from aitb and cdsoundmaster
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby piperboy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm

If you want to hear some magic... place the Bogen on some synth tracks- don't be conservative- and WOW!!!! Like doubling the soundsets. REALLY> And Michael is probably one of the best guys I have ever dealt with, all of our 3 party vendors have been, but Michael is not afraid to invest time into educating one on one about his programs!
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby cupraikso » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 pm

What is / where can I find the Bogen?
cupraikso
User Level II
User Level II

Postby piperboy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 am

CDSoundMaster 1950's All-Tube Mixer/EQ Combo

Mind you: if you are looking for clear punchy S*L type console... this is not it. This is based on a very old console with MEGA tube sound! A very vintage flavor that shaves off digital synth harshness like no other I have tried. NOT transparent! Not for every application. But positively one of the sickest tone shapers I have found.

Honestly, until I threw caution to the wind and applied this radically, I didn't get it. It sounded very good, but I didn't understand the potential. Someone on this forum mentioned it on a synth and am I glad they did. Some consoles out there are a little harder to distinguish, but this one is very much a horse of a different color. :mrgreen:
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby MrLove » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Do I need a console (AlexB) if I purchase good pre-amps, compressors and EQs?

Isn't a console channel just about that (pre-amp, compressor and EQ)?

If I, for example take the Vintage Blue Console (N**e?), could I not just insert a good pre-amp, compressor and eq on each track?

Or the way around, do I need the other nebula samples if I buy the console?

The console programs seams not to have any parameters to set for the EQ (is the console sampled without EQ and compression?)

I'm thinking of purchasing either the console or the equivalent individual equipments. What would be the equipment for this console (VBC).

Pre-amp:
EQ:
Compressor:

(I haven't tested anything yet. Just finnished the downloading of the official commercial library).
MrLove
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tumburu » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Alex' consoles offer a variety of inputs (several lines, mic inputs and even DI), some of them are more driven, plus you get the busses + the colored busses (which have nice eq curves applied to the channels to fit a certain section - drums, voices etc).

These are the main differences between just using preamps and these specific consoles.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby burnsound » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Recently, I've been using the Fate EQ and the DocFear the most. Why? The Combo programs. I work fast, and usually the combo programs will have the frequencies I need.

As for EQs + Pres + Comps versus a Console library-
The difference will be in the Busses, mostly. You'll get a nice analog sound with the Eq+Pre+Comp formula, but it won't really sound like a console. It's those Mixbuss programs- sometimes I just use those, and nothing else on my mixes. But man, if you had the resources and/or the time to render, using the line/buss/mixbuss programs together is quite awesome. And, if you did that, you'd need less eq/comp processing to get your mix together.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries