Login

analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby HIFIDELITY » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 pm

RJHollins wrote:As mentioned.

I too would highly recommend the book:
"Mixing With Your Mind" by Stav.

http://www.mixingwithyourmind.com/

Many thanks, i actually have a book called Mixing Audio by Roey Izhaki which is really great,but i will def check out the book yourself and david recommend. I just feel like im not getting very far just learning from books! I really need someone to be there who can say,yes thats how you do it or thats how not to do it! if you no what i meen! Im really going off topic now! but thanks for your help,its really appreciated. if there is anyone in the london(camden) area that tutors or knows anyone who does? please let me know? Thanx
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 am

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby piperboy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Ok, time to answer/comment a lot of posts. :)

The Fate compressor is awesome its the 1st ITB compressors that does not collapse the image and its got some serious mojo.Great work and thank you for all your hardwork.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

In my experience, it does wonders on certain sources, but is not going to be my compressor for everything. Vocals, Electric Guitar, Drumgroups and whole mixes could be compressed in a great way that i could not do with other plugs.

Exactly! Would you use the hardware as your go-to compressor on everything? I guess not :)

if i dare ask, how close to the hardware is it, how big is the difference? could you give some examples when and how it behaves different?

Regarding sonic characteristics it is as close to the hardware as we can get with Nebula. It's the same like for console emulations. We are different on time constants, but fluctuation is acceptable so far. It will improve with updates.

Getting a file damaged & could not be repaired message when trying to open the pdf manual. Downloaded or open direct is the same.

Thank you for reporting!
Could anyone else confirm that? I cannot reproduce the error. Maybe it is an old Adobe Reader version? I should check the compatibility of the PDF.

must ask what settings are people getting good results with vocals? 400ms release!?! this is far too slow for any vocal i have compressed. the limiter has the 100ms release (good vocal release time), which sounds good but limiting sound too much on most vocals.

I am using the hardware (and now the Nebula version as well) on vocals a lot. Usually in 2:1/3:1/4:1, 400ms or AUTO Recovery. Sad we cannot implement the Auto Release in Nebula. It does wonders on vocals, especially when you have "thin" sounding sources. I'm using the compressor mainly on slow/sustained sources- I like it best here. Often I use combination of 2 compressors, a faster one followed by the 2254.

compressor 400ms release seems too slow on anything... am i missing something? i know its a limit of the sampling, but will this thing ever get faster release on the compression?!?

No, it is not a limitation of sampling, 400/800ms & 1.5s are the time constants on the hardware.
However, we could release a version that gives you the 1272 mojo but timings are derived from a different compressor. Everything possible! Nebula has the power!

BRING ON THE 96KHZ VERSION AND BRING ON THE CORE III ENGINE!!!

We start working on 96KHz versions in a few days. It will be available for free for all customers, so you could even give it a try right now.

It sounds best if you use the input control of Nebula to dial a very small amount of compression. Going deeper into compression could sound interesting, but will be far from the hardware.

This is quoted a lot of times.
It is about 2 EPs of the library where we used preamp sessions! It is NOT about the regular compression programs!


this is some serious release! niklas got some nice weapon up for us! i really like this compressor! like i posted on facebook, this compressor can be soft, round, near ,far, coloured and also clean. get it as long it's affordable like now! thanks niklas! :geek:

as soon as it came out I bought it !!!!!!!!!!!!
AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

what an OTB sound coming from my computer. In fact you could say it sounds like analoginthebox.....

Thank you very much for your support. If you like it: Spread the word! :D

Ok, I hope I did not miss to much- preparing the Demo version right now.



The sound is phenomenal! I do however feel like I am not fully understanding relationships between parameters and actual compressor behavior. Just like the drive slider on most programs is something you don't need to touch; I am unsure about the whole behavior of this interface with this program. ie. threshold vs compressor input level. Maybe I am thinking too hard, but I have a feeling I am not alone in my confusion. I have gotten some GREAT sound but only after much random tweaking. Thanks and congrats on such a major accomplishment!
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 am

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby futur2 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:26 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Regarding sonic characteristics it is as close to the hardware as we can get with Nebula. It's the same like for console emulations. We are different on time constants, but fluctuation is acceptable so far. It will improve with updates.


"different on time constants" means you can't nail attack and release exactly? to what extent, what does "acceptable" mean, how close did you get, say in percent?

analoginthebox.com wrote:Sad we cannot implement the Auto Release in Nebula.


indeed :cry:

analoginthebox.com wrote:No, it is not a limitation of sampling, 400/800ms & 1.5s are the time constants on the hardware.
However, we could release a version that gives you the 1272 mojo but timings are derived from a different compressor. Everything possible! Nebula has the power!


that sounds like a fantastic field. really intrigued what might come :P
futur2
Member
Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Wow guys, with all due respect, I'm genuinely intrigued on why are you so interested in these details and/or if it sounds *exactly* like the real unit? Does it sound bad or is not what you expected?
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby futur2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:05 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Wow guys, with all due respect, I'm genuinely intrigued on why are you so interested in these details and/or if it sounds *exactly* like the real unit? Does it sound bad or is not what you expected?


very easy, i just want to understand what the technology is able to achieve at the moment and also what we can expect in the near and not so near future.

i think it's nothing unusal or even disrespectful to ask since this it what nebula was always claiming, that it's damn close to the hardware it samples. why not ask about the limits or differences?
futur2
Member
Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 am

futur2 wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Wow guys, with all due respect, I'm genuinely intrigued on why are you so interested in these details and/or if it sounds *exactly* like the real unit? Does it sound bad or is not what you expected?


very easy, i just want to understand what the technology is able to achieve at the moment and also what we can expect in the near and not so near future.

i think it's nothing unusal or even disrespectful to ask since this it what nebula was always claiming, that it's damn close to the hardware it samples. why not ask about the limits or differences?


Please don't take me wrong, I was just curious. I was worried because I thought it had to do something with the sound/quality of this compressor because I don't own it yet and I haven't demoed it either. Thanks for your response.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby futur2 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:21 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:
futur2 wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Wow guys, with all due respect, I'm genuinely intrigued on why are you so interested in these details and/or if it sounds *exactly* like the real unit? Does it sound bad or is not what you expected?


very easy, i just want to understand what the technology is able to achieve at the moment and also what we can expect in the near and not so near future.

i think it's nothing unusal or even disrespectful to ask since this it what nebula was always claiming, that it's damn close to the hardware it samples. why not ask about the limits or differences?


Please don't take me wrong, I was just curious. I was worried because I thought it had to do something with the sound/quality of this compressor because I don't own it yet and I haven't demoed it either. Thanks for your response.

Cheers


nothing to worry, i think it sounds and behaves very good!
futur2
Member
Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby SWAN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:27 am

that is amazing that you can sample and implement different aspects of compressors onto one Nebula Program...With this unit I would be interested with having some longer attack times and shorter release...but of course I should be happy with what we have so far!!!
The thing is - there is some concern it seems about things we DONT get quite exact like the hardware....but hold on....this sounds GREAT and I focus on what we DO have! I would not be worried about having another 10 compressors as good as this one (with different characters)...ok so we dont get auto release or fastest attack - no problem for now! Results here are so good it seems like a waste to wait eons for these engine ability when we could be using something as good as this anyways?
Much of the time I personally dont use those functions - and you can get good results with other settings! So if it can be done to this quality - lets have them! 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:35 am

Man, I'm dying here since Velinas announced he's working on the demo some hours ago... I want to hear what this thing does!!! Please :D
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby Mimi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:32 am

I want to share my humble experience with This compressor and and my honest opinion.
I really like this compressor, I will not say that is 100% hardware, more than 95% is possible.
The sound is velvety remembering the sounds recorded in motown, Vocals, tablets sounding sweet, in the style, Luther Vandross.
the atack fixed, it is not a problem there is an Ahead, that used with affection, there comes a different sound and soft.
this compressor, the sound does not deteriorate, is warm and very soft.
It's a bit slower than the digital scroll compressors,what is good, all analog compressors are slower,and fatecomp is slightly slower than the hardware, more is convincing in sound, owes nothing to the hardware.
I was surprised by the sound of this product, Within the limitations of software, find a deep sound, warm and soft, is a miracle.
The basses started a romance with this compressor, synts and keyboards if benefited from his warmth,I really recommend, not will repent.
Finally a compressor with personality.
a compressor that does not performs a compression Style, seer.
is very weird, digital compressors. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Mimi
Member
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests