Login

analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor released!

Postby Tp3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

vicnestE wrote:I personlly used Cytomic the Glue as my default compressor, but after using Fate compressor, I undoubltly try it on everything first. And usually I love what I hear.

Have you tried oversampling the Glue (X2) ? (here's how)

Please do, and I'll appreciate if you provide us with audio
(dry and wet WAVs)

Thanks !
Tp3
User Level III
User Level III

Re: analoginthebox.com: Fate Compressor (N**e 2254) released!

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:25 pm

i already owned the fate eq so i just bought the compressor using the fate bundle upgrade
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby woeischris » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Wait, there's a Fate bundle upgrade?
woeischris

Postby RJHollins » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:46 pm

woeischris wrote:Wait, there's a Fate bundle upgrade?

I too had the Fate EQ.

Might have been in the customer page? but they had a special bundle price to buy the compressor ...

so I did.
:)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Mirco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:41 pm

woooow! wooww! wooooooooooo! i tested the fate compressor again. now on acoustic guitar - IT'S THE BOMB!!!

instant famous record sound of acoustic guitars.
i'm much impressed again!
:geek:
Mirco

Postby cupraikso » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:04 am

Anyone using the Fate Comp on the 2-bus?????
cupraikso
User Level II
User Level II

Postby highvoltage » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 am

I just recently added one on the 2bus and i couldnt even come close with any other compressors. It literally adds more bass to the kick and the bass punch.
Other compressors are all like sucking out the lower frequencies, rendering the kick drum a useless klick.

And i dont even go as far as -1,5 db reduction. I still think that reducto-meter is kind of lying. At - 0.8dB you get plenty punch. (at least i have to go as far as 3-4dB with the glue to have the same kind of attack for the same setting)

Ofcourse this is totally depending on how compressed are the other channels yo'ure sending to the master bus, so i just shut the fck up.
highvoltage

Postby highvoltage » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:38 am

and a great tip i want to share, is following the fate compressor with the SoTranscited program:

I have the free version only, a 3-4dB setting at 5khz with some drive adds back some bite to the transients, while Fate dealing with the round fat hit in the face of the low-mid freqs.

love that combo. then to tape :)
highvoltage

Postby tumburu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

You can try the Vcult before it for extra analog juice.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby analoginthebox.com » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:08 pm

I have been on the road- had not much time to answer/comment things besides customers support. Back now and time to catch up with that.

Let's start with the most important thing, all the talking about time constants and especially CoreIII.

Out of interest, I see this library is intended for use with Nebula 3 Pro and that 'the timings' would be wrong otherwise. What is meant by this ? I haven't upgraded to Pro 3 (yet) and was wondering if the demo could be released to work with Nebula 3 free, to hear it working with the core II engine ?

The demo should be working with Nebula3 free.
Just give it a try. If you like the results you hear, there is no reason why you should not use it with CoreI Nebula versions. Time constants will NOT be "correct" as we sampled & tuned them, but the strong color of the unit still remains. I even use this compressor without any compression at all, just for its vibe. Though, it's a bit noisy (due to the circuit) but I can live with that very well :) And we don't have that issue with Nebula ;)
Again: Just try it- and if you don't like what you hear with CoreI - skip or better upgrade to CoreII (remember it saves a lot of CPU ressources as well!)

So you don't need CoreII, but it will help you getting more accurate results regarding time constants.

but the common S*L bus setting with 30ms attack and a fastish 'set' release for a master or drum buss - surely that could be made to similar quality as Fate?

Yes, that's right. It could work. However, We will not release it in a commercial way because the settings that will give very good results and that could be compared to the hardware will be only a few. I guess another developer owns the hardware and has the time to investigate on this unit. Sadly, we don't...

Since the attack and release accuracy appears to be suffering with CORE II, I'm sure that an accurate LA2A is a long ways off.

Attack/Release times do not suffer. They are behaving exactly the way we tuned them. But there are limitations on what could be done and what not. Because of them you are right, LA2A, 1176 simply cannot be sampled in the near future. LA2A to complex for the limited implemented a very complex beast 8-)
[/quote]

This thing is a bit of a one trick pony until we see CORE III for Nebula.

The only thing that I, as a long-time Beta-Tester, know is that true envelope followers will be supported. I don't know for sure, Giancarlo keeps the new engine still very secret. For Fate Compressor we don't see much benefit in that. Things will change only slightly with it but other units will be possible to sample (If we get a set of different test-tones in NAT as well :!: )
Not sure, but I think a big thing coming in CoreIII is crosstalk support. Again, not really that important for Fate Compressor.

Now for some more general posts:
Is there a possibility to reduce the make-up gain slider's range on the edit page?
I find myself never going more than 3-4 dB, and its really hard to set the gain with this kind of resolution. (even with shift)

No, you can't do it. But maybe we'll in upcoming updates. The current makeup derived from a NAT standard compressor template- we'll introduced a more customized one.

I'd like to have a built in sc filter in Nebula for compressors...

+1 ! :)

That's some serious vibe!
I swear.. first "plugin" compressor I've ever tried that actually sounds analog!

This is the best softcomp, I have heard.
Thank you.

WOW ! Finally I can listen the music without to break my ears ! :mrgreen:

I just downloaded the DEMO and was floored by how good it sounded and Compressed!

woooow! wooww! wooooooooooo! i tested the fate compressor again. now on acoustic guitar - IT'S THE BOMB!!!
instant famous record sound of acoustic guitars.
i'm much impressed again!

Never noticed the analog warm it produces :D
Untill yesterday!
I used my headphones (BD DT 770pro), i boost the drive and it sounds like fire is boiling in the dungeons of hell :D haha
Mechanisms are moving etc :D
sounds great

Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you like it that much :)

Wait, there's a Fate bundle upgrade?

Yes. I sent you an email...

Ok, we are back to Nebula land for the next 2-3 weeks and I hope we can introduce first updates for Fate Compressor in this period as well as the upcoming new releases :)
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries