Login

Any opinions yet on CDSoundMaster's new GTR-VTX?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Any opinions yet on CDSoundMaster's new GTR-VTX?

Postby marcpl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 pm

has anyone checked out michael's latest release?
the GTR-VTX.

i have to admit that the audio demos left me feeling kind of mixed. but of course, michael always gets the benefit of the doubt for all of the great releases...and being kind and fair.

i think the GTR-VTX will be my next purchase but some opinions would be great.

thanks,
marco
Last edited by marcpl on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Any opinions yet on CDSoundMaster's new GTR-VTX?

Postby sfunk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:39 am

Being brutally honest i saw this and thought "why the hell did he model this?!"

Classic AC30? Classic Fender Deluxe? Classic Superlead? Yes. This? No sorry.
sfunk

Postby vicnestE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:16 am

There's lots of tone in GTR-VTX.
The simulated preamp out is actully nice.
With one instance, it's like playing through a clean guitar amp. But with good overdrive/distortion in front, the possiblities are broadened.

You might need two EQs before and after it to shape the sound a little.

I have a good time playing with these programs. A good addition to existing cab programs and poweramp programs.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 am

sfunk wrote:Being brutally honest i saw this and thought "why the hell did he model this?!"

Classic AC30? Classic Fender Deluxe? Classic Superlead? Yes. This? No sorry.

2 things. One is that Michael Angel doesn't necessarily think like every other Neb developer. If he did, we wouldn't have such cool libraries like the Producers packs, the tapes, tubes, VTM, the cool Aqua plugins.... let's not forget his obscure and vintage eq's and consoles. There are plenty of other devs doing the Fenders, Bogners, N**e's, etc. Why not go outside of the box?
Second thing is while the amp modeled may not be for everyone, it IS a versatile amp for some people. I personally would choose a different amp to use (or emulate), but who else is doing such off the beaten track gear like CDSM? I understand your questioning, but give the guy some respect and don't go out of your way to hurt his sales with negativity. I know that wasn't your intent, and I'm not attacking you. But Michael, in my opinion, has proven himself here as a man of great talent, creativity, generosity, and integrity. So if you don't like the idea of this library, just don't buy it. But certainly don't discourage others from checking it out with an open mind. Peace.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 pm

richie i have purchased several of CDSoundmasters programs and really liked them. This one had me scratching my head. Its that simple. I am Not discouraging anyone. If someone wants THAT amp they will get this model. Me saying why didn't he model an AC30 or a Tweed is exactly what i thought and just because i typed it here wont affect sales of user who want a VTX.

Nebula is great, the developers are great, this forum is great but the way some forum posters get upset when they perceive a comment to be in someway negative to a developer is a little irritating. Encourage all discourse and not just that which aligns with your beliefs.

Anyway peace as they say :)
sfunk

Postby odla » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 pm

I have to agree with sfunk; no disrespect but what your basically saying is that only positive feedback is allowed in order not to hurt his sales?! I also bought several programs from CD Soundmaster (R2R, tapebooster, the Globe, Q8, N-ten-A4) and I love them all! And I also think that Michael is a great guy... But that does not mean I should not be allowed to give an honest opinion when asked for it, does it? I tried the demo and was not impressed at all, maybe its possible to get good results with it, but I gave up after an hour of trying... I'd rather stick to Scuffham S-gear, IMHO the best ampsim around!

Peace and all the best,

Aldo Adema
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:44 pm

sfunk wrote:richie i have purchased several of CDSoundmasters programs and really liked them. This one had me scratching my head. Its that simple. I am Not discouraging anyone. If someone wants THAT amp they will get this model. Me saying why didn't he model an AC30 or a Tweed is exactly what i thought and just because i typed it here wont affect sales of user who want a VTX.

Nebula is great, the developers are great, this forum is great but the way some forum posters get upset when they perceive a comment to be in someway negative to a developer is a little irritating. Encourage all discourse and not just that which aligns with your beliefs.

Points taken. And seriously, no harm intended, and I apologize for any bad feeling you may have felt from me. Yes, maybe I was trying a bit too hard to be "protective", I have had many private discussions with Michael and just like the guy, so maybe I was merely being a regretfully typical dude and coming to his defense. I do encourage freedom on any forum and didn't mean to appear to want to squash that. And when I say Peace, I mean it. Again, apologies.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm

odla wrote:I have to agree with sfunk; no disrespect but what your basically saying is that only positive feedback is allowed in order not to hurt his sales?! I also bought several programs from CD Soundmaster (R2R, tapebooster, the Globe, Q8, N-ten-A4) and I love them all! And I also think that Michael is a great guy... But that does not mean I should not be allowed to give an honest opinion when asked for it, does it? I tried the demo and was not impressed at all, maybe its possible to get good results with it, but I gave up after an hour of trying... I'd rather stick to Scuffham S-gear, IMHO the best ampsim around!

Peace and all the best,

Aldo Adema

Please read my apology post. I jumped the gun, as they say, and I AM sorry for flying off like that. As I said, I just like Michael and jumped to his defense, I guess. Yes, you have every right to say whatever you want, that IS what forums are supposed to be. So without repeating my entire other post, sorry y'all. I am usually much better behaved and usually much less impulsive with my responses. And Aldo Adema, for the record, Scuffman is also the only sim I track with. I used to only use a sim when the situation prevented me from using my great sounding tube amp and a few good mics, but sometimes I actually prefer the Scuffman for a particular task. I have been using Nebula cabs instead of the Scuffman cabs (after tracking, for mix-down), but the Scuffman heads FEEL like an amp.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Plattino » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:23 am

Yes the audio demos on Michaels website are far from what GTR-VTX can sound like - IMO.
Anyway I bought it because I was just curious :-) And I thought to myself: "C'mon its from Michael, there must be something good in it" :-)
I'm honest, my first try was a real disapointment.
I thought the level is much to low and the sound needs more mids and highs and so on. But then I found out what @vicnestE already mentioned in his post. You have to shape the sound before and after Nebula and then you will get what you expect from it and so much more!
So my advise is choose a GTR-VTX AMP preset in Nebula and put a good digital or analog overdrive/distortion in front of it. I tried the ones in Amplitube3 and Guitar-Rig4 with great achievements and then I tweaked only one neutral sounding eq after Nebula to shape the sound. Brutally rised the mids and also the highs. Sometimes you need to cut the lows a little bit. That's all. For clean sounds just rise the volume and/or put a compressor in front of it. Then again tweak the EQ after it.
I'm very enthusiastic what comes out of my speakers now. I never got such a dynamic and "tonerich" sound from any amp-sim in the box outhere! I think it's reacting like a good miked amp. If I find the time I will post some audio-demos so you can hear the sounds you should hear on Michaels website ;-)
Plattino
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cpwade » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:24 am

sfunk wrote:Nebula is great, the developers are great, this forum is great but the way some forum posters get upset when they perceive a comment to be in someway negative to a developer is a little irritating. Encourage all discourse and not just that which aligns with your beliefs.

Best quote ever on this board.

Thank you.

pw
cpwade

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries