Login

Cupwise release- Casspressors A

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cupwise release- Casspressors A

Postby Cupwise » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:54 am

Effects made from overdriven cassette deck/tape. Neb can't do instant compression (yet, it may one day), but the usual ranges of attack/release controls have been sampled from actual compressors and mixed in with these effects to create a new hybrid thing. The actual tapes' instant attack/release behaviors are there too (as the fastest settings) in case they can one day be used.

The extra attack/release controls allow these to be used as you would a typical compressor program, but these sound much different. This is similar to my Tube FM 4 set but with cassette tapes. The site and manual tell more info about them.

There are 6 effects. 3 were sampled in stereo. 3 used other hardware and processing to add different flavor to the effects, the others were just the deck/tape. There is a wide range of sounds you can get from them. One has a relatively flat frequency response (compared to the others), and it can be used as an alternative to typical compressors if you want something a little different. The others are 'more different'.

2 demo programs are available, and there are a few mp3s to check out!

http://www.cupwise.com/CassPressorsA.php

-tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Casspressors A

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 am

So I am a Nebula junkie.... I bought these sound unheard (sight unseen, without trying or demoing or listening to audio examples....). I have all or nearly all of Tim's libraries, and they are unique, cool, and well done. So when I saw this post, I grabbed them! And so fairly priced. Thanks Tim!! And I loaded up a few, they sound awesome. No sleep for Richie tonight..... :shock:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby prosodio » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 pm

That instant compression can be achieved by using VTM plugin from CdSoundmaster and I can say it´s great.... Cups, I´m way addicted to your work!!! Your libraries are great for creative work, your radios are a must for all my mixes, always in 1 o 2 aux-send in my samplitude mixer. The other day I was trying to get a really dry and impact sound from a acoustic guitar a-la-Keith Richards in jumpin jack or street fightin man and with a mix of r2r´tb+-vtm+Tfm4 the sound was lo-fi but with a lot of character!!!! Nice work....!!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:14 am

I've been playing with these all day on a project that was crying out for grit and interest. This is by far my favorite release by Cupwise. These are like hybrid blends of cassette saturation with some classic compressor control. I am super excited to dig in deep with these, the sonic possibilities are very exciting. And his pricing is so fair, I almost feel guilty buying them. And no, I am not trying to sell these for him, I am just stoked to use them!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:18 am

i was only going to give away one demo since there are only 6 effects, but i decided to give away 2. it's hard to fully demonstrate something like this set without giving too much away. these effects, the real essence of them is a combination of:
a)the compression effect
b)frequency response
c)distortion

with the 2 demos, you get a) and b), but not c). the distortion is pretty important to the final sound, but so is the compression and you can experience that with the demos.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 am

Great stuff! Nice job Tim.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:43 am

Hey Cupwise ...

just tried to DL the demos ... I getting a 'corrupt file' error ?!?! :shock:

any body else :?:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 am

RJHollins wrote:Hey Cupwise ...

just tried to DL the demos ... I getting a 'corrupt file' error ?!?! :shock:

any body else :?:

96KHz same here.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I tried (eagerly) to open it with UniExtract, and this is the log:

Archive: G:/VB XP Shared/Nebula/CasspressorsA-demos_44k.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in G:/VB XP Shared/Nebula/CasspressorsA-demos_44k.zip,
and cannot find G:/VB XP Shared/Nebula/CasspressorsA-demos_44k.zip.zip, period.
beingmf3

Postby Cupwise » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:29 pm

sorry guys. i got it fixed now, so the demos should work/unzip fine. something weird happened when i transported the files with my new usb drive, somehow they got corrupted along the way or something.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries