Login

Analoginthebox.com: Doc Fear - UPGRADED

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Analoginthebox.com: Doc Fear - UPGRADED

Postby futur2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Great! Now that band (Hi+ 3S) takes much less RAM: about 140MB now (it used to take 290MB) Wooot!

The bad thing is load times didn't improve :( it still takes like 12-15 secs to load it.

Anyways, thanks again for this update Velinas, reaaaally appreciated!!! :D

Cheers

well i guess it strongly depends on the system. on my machine most doc fear programs load about under 1 second. maximum 2 seconds like Hi+ 3S
futur2

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 am

analoginthebox.com wrote:I guess you are NOT working @44.1KHz.
So the SRC requires some time. But: Do you limit it? Else it would not make sense that loading times did not change. There has been a lot of overhead removed from the kernels. As a consequence loading times MUST change undless you have limited to less than 100ms.

Yes, you're right, I work at 48kHz. I understand it takes some time for SRC but I had high hopes programs would load as fast as Mammoth Expansion 96khz versions do (or for instance, all AlexB libraries): 2-3 secs.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "limit". Could you please explain this to me? This my MAST page:

MASTPage.png
MASTPage.png (32.86 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

futur2 wrote:well i guess it strongly depends on the system. on my machine most doc fear programs load about under 1 second. maximum 2 seconds like Hi+ 3S

Yes, it depends on our HDD/RAM speed and SRC but this is not an issue with 96kHz versions, they load pretty fast here.

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks and the new tips in the manual helps.
Good job!
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby analoginthebox.com » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 am

Yes, it depends on our HDD/RAM speed and SRC but this is not an issue with 96kHz versions, they load pretty fast here.

It has nothing to do with 96KHz. The D.Fear Hi Band is one of the largest programs available for Nebula. Take a look at the attached picture -> the amount of samples for this equalizer ;) Now have a look at the programs that are loading much faster... and you'll understand.
This in combination with applied SRC is not a good team! :?
We could split the band into different parts but then we have a "Usability vs Loading Time" case. Some users prefer fast loading times, but more and more have really powerful x64 machines and demand highest quality+usability...

However, I prepared this workaround for you. If you and other users like it I'll include it in official release later.

3 new programs
(Just small programs, you already have the Vector files.)
-> Copy to your \nebulatemprepository\programs

The D.Fear Hi+ 3S is now split into 3 programs:
D.Fear Hi+ 3S Lq -> Low Q (0.6 & 0.8)
D.Fear Hi+ 3S Mq -> Medium Q (1.0 & 1.4)
D.Fear Hi+ 3S Hq -> High Q (1.0 & 1.7)

Please tell me if something like this would be an adequate solution for you.
Attachments
dfear_loadingtime.jpg
dfear_loadingtime.jpg (12.36 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby analoginthebox.com » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 am

Oops I can't attach multiple files into one post...
So, here it is.
Attachments
DFear_Hi_Boost_3S_Split.zip
(82.86 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 am

analoginthebox.com wrote:

It has nothing to do with 96KHz. The D.Fear Hi Band is one of the largest programs available for Nebula. Take a look at the attached picture -> the amount of samples for this equalizer ;) Now have a look at the programs that are loading much faster... and you'll understand.
We could split the band into different parts but then we have a "Usability vs Loading Time" case. Some users prefer fast loading times, but more and more have really powerful x64 machines and demand highest quality+usability...

However, I prepared this workaround for you. If you and other users like it I'll include it in official release later.

3 new programs

Yes the SMP definitely tells the story.
Same thing with my drawher and sotranscited
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:24 am

analoginthebox.com wrote:It has nothing to do with 96KHz. The D.Fear Hi Band is one of the largest programs available for Nebula. Take a look at the attached picture -> the amount of samples for this equalizer ;) Now have a look at the programs that are loading much faster... and you'll understand.

3 new programs

Brilliant solution! Thank you very much Velinas, it does work great: load times are much faster (about 6 secs, woo!) and RAM usage is much lower too (about 50MB instead of 140MB).

Thanks again for taking the time to do this, really appreciated :)

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks! Testing in a bit :)

Postby ParadigmX » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:40 pm

cheers for the update.

:)
ParadigmX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby david1103 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:08 pm

first up THANKS for the update!!! brilliant to have less cpu and ram use!!!

all this kernal length reduction is worrying me a bit. maybe that says more about me than the length of kernals... but check the graphs. i just loaded up the FATE EQ which starts with default kernal length of 198 and lowered the kernal length taking screenshots.

the lower the kernal size the more the freq response wobbles. by the time it gets to the alexb BMQ Pro size of 37.5 there are more wobbles than a k'd up dubstep squat party!

has someone done some serious listening tests on this wobble effect? its plain its nothing to do with being analogue. it doesn't make sense to me that most developers used to have big kernal lengths, and have now decided against it. were they all wrong before? do i not know what i am talking about? i tried to ask this question in this http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic thread, but have not heard back yet.

cheers,
Attachments
fate eq 37.5k.png
fate eq 37.5k.png (48.99 KiB) Viewed 877 times
fate eq 90k.png
fate eq 90k.png (46.17 KiB) Viewed 877 times
fate eq 198k.png
fate eq 198k.png (40.42 KiB) Viewed 877 times
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext