Login

Alexb New Listening Room Demo,s-- VBC.....WOW

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Alexb New Listening Room Demo,s-- VBC.....WOW

Postby HIFIDELITY » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:54 pm

Just listened to the new listening room demo,s on Alex,s site and im AMAZED at the difference between the VBC and the other cosoles! IT simply sounds amazing! I mean,the differences between the other consoles is apparant but very subtle but the difference between the VBC and the other consoles is HUGE! and compared to the ITB mix its night and day! Now im a very happy CLC user but the VBC is in a class of its own. firstly the snare sounds beautful,it got so much depth and width with a natural reverberation and yet still maintains a powerful snap,the kick is huge and sits perfect in the mix, EVERY instrument seems to have it very own space,perfect separation but beautifully glued together! it just sounds so euphoric and alive! When i was switching back and forth from VBC and the other consoles it made every other console sound muddy and lifless,almost 2d,ish! am i hearing right? or is this the MAGICAL N**e sound that so many talk of! I really dont know! one thing is for sure those,im out of pocket the cost of another Alexb Console :P Great work Alex.
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Alexb New Listening Room Demo,s-- VBC.....WOW

Postby Yllet » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 am

Well there is obviously a difference in the sound between the consoles. The VBC has a more open sound, that might fit some type of music etc. While the warmth of the MTC might be better for other tracks.

My point is that there is no universal console that simply sounds the best, or fits any kind of music.

You can't really go wrong with any of Alex consoles...

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:37 am

Yllet wrote:You can't really go wrong with any of Alex consoles...

/Jon

This is exactly my point of view nowadays :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby greekpeet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:09 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Yllet wrote:You can't really go wrong with any of Alex consoles...

/Jon

This is exactly my point of view nowadays :)

Totally agree here.

Michael @ CDsoundmaster has sone greeeat stuff planed for consoles in the future. :mrgreen:
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby fuseburn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Funny, I also noticed the new Listening Room examples. I knew the earlier ones and I really think the improvement of the "PRO" versions are pretty obvious.

I did extensive blind testing (toggling through all the console demos during playback - all waves lined up as takes in REAPER, then hit T several times without looking - makes you hear immediately what's going on).
I really wanted to love the S*L, but my favourite was the A*I 1608 (MBC). At the same time the only one I could (almost) reliably identify in that blind test once I knew the characteristics. I noticed the nice fat smeared snare in the VBC (N**e) aswell, however, my taste drove me into the API-direction: Great defined attacks, round at the same time. For the record, I picked the ITB-mix as the best sounding console several times aswell :D I can only recommend intensive blind testing in a good listening environment, it's fun !

Anyway, if you're building your mix on top of console-pre-processed tracks, you'll likely bring out the specific characters alot more. Obvious that the listening samples have to rely on the same unchanged material.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby AlexB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Every console mix can change a bit due to different input stage which you use. I have chosen every input stage track-by-track at my personal taste but what I like maybe you don't like... So, my preferred console is the tube, I love the tube sound, and to me it seems to be the most open and deep while the Vintage Blue Console and the Modern White Console the most warm and dense. Classic and Black stay in the middle with open, solid and detailed sound.

But...

SideCar81 will come this week.
A Vintage Mastering Console, Modern Logic Console and my personal homemade console in the next months. 8-)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 pm

AlexB wrote:
But...

SideCar81 will come this week.

Oh yes it will!!!

Color? Character? Attitude? Life on its own? You bet! :D

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby scooter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks guys!

I have to say my findings are similar to the both of yours.
I liked the MTC and VBC the most, out of the demos. Leaning mostly towards the MTC.
I own the MBC and CLC and sometimes find the ITB sounds better to me. Also, I use the VBEQ a bunch and this things imparts a KILLER charcter over the mix when used as my sole EQ. Love it! A lot of the Nebula EQ's are so full of character the consoles aren't needed. :D
-Scott
scooter

Postby AlexB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Mixing with a console is not for character...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:07 pm

My favorite is the MTC as well :) Nothing beats those tubes...

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Return to 3rd party libraries