Login

AlexB - 76D PRO : Dynamics Collection by Fet comps !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - 76D PRO : Dynamics Collection by Fet comps !!!

Postby sfunk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:I know this isn't a good advice for some people but since AlexB pretty much nailed the sound of an 1176, why don't you use an algo version for actual compression and AlexB's for colour? Waves' CLA-76 sounds very close so don't use it with it, you'd be doubling the color, so to speak.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

"AlexB pretty much nailed the sound of an 1176,"

He didn't i am afraid to say

"Why don't you use an algo version for actual compression and AlexB's for colour?"

As mentioned before the compressor time constants are a considerable part of the "colour"

Not all compressors get from point A (no gain reduction) to point B (maximum gain reduction) in the same way.

I think what i am getting at here is why didn't Alex just release the "line amp" preset for 5 euros if thats all the "sound" we are getting?
sfunk

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 am

sfunk wrote:"AlexB pretty much nailed the sound of an 1176,"[/b]

He didn't i am afraid to say

Then I'm wrong. When Alessandro sent me the beta it seemed very close to an 1176, which I don't like. I'm not talking about the compression, it's just the overall tone balance it provides when you turn one of these comps on without compression. There's a studio here where I use go to mix songs every now and then and they have one, I've always tried to like it but I always unplug it after a few minutes...

sfunk wrote:"Why don't you use an algo version for actual compression and AlexB's for colour?"

As mentioned before the compressor time constants are a considerable part of the "colour"

Not all compressors get from point A (no gain reduction) to point B (maximum gain reduction) in the same way.

Yeah, you're right. I haven't downloaded the official version yet and I haven't even tried that suggestion myself (only with the 4KD + The Glue a couple of times). I just thought that maybe it could give you that 1176 tone with something like The Rocket from Stillwell (without moving the "Impetus"), or the FET comp from Softube.

sfunk wrote:I think what i am getting at here is why didn't Alex just release the "line amp" preset for 5 euros if thats all the "sound" we are getting?

This is his business, we're just customers with a demo version available to test. It's up to us to buy or not. I don't let people tell me how to run my business and these type of comments is what demotivate developers in all areas.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby KP2009 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 am

Bought It, Love It!! Whats the Big Deal here.. Its Sounds Great!! Alex has already Stated Its a Limiter and has the Tone/Distortion of the 1176.. I have Almost all of his and other 3rd party Libraries..

Just Put the Waves 1176, Softube, UAD 1176, Stillwell Rocker, or IK Multimedia 1176 in front of Alexb Version and Man, It Rocks..

When Nebula Engine Finally Nails the Fast Attack with Comps.. Its A Wrap for all Plastic Plugin Comps! The EQ, Reverbs, Pre Amp Squash the Competition.

I'm from the Old School of Tape/Adats/Real Mixing Boards & Outboard Gear.

Nebula has given Me Big Room Sound ITB, Period without being in a Big Room!

Develop On!! Nebula Team / 3rd Party Developers are Creating for Now and For The Future.

:D :D :D
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 am

I have to agree with above ...

With the recent addition of the 1176 to my library ... with still limited testing, but enough for me to determine whether this captures the 1176 sound ... without a doubt, THIS library WILL replace ALL my other 1176 [so called] emulations.

For those interested, I've used 76's throughout my career, through a variety of sources. Over that time, one learns it strengths AND its weaknesses.

A particular point I'd stress is this ... invest time and experiment and LEARN how these tools work. Transporting this 76 to a software GUI has got ME RE-Learning how to adjust it. MY NEB GUI uses faders ... but I NEVER worked a 76 other than by its' front knobs. This is something I have to adjust to. AND I should point out [again], that I have 2 original 1176's [hardware] in my studio. Those I would adjust in my sleep, but with NEBULA I have to point a mouse arrow, etc ... grabbing and twisting INPUT and OUTPUT knobs on the URIE's was always a two-handed operation to kiss in the right character. I'm going to need my Novation Nocturn controller back online to simulate.

Although EARLY in my listening tests, I not disappointed in what this library is doing. There is NO doubt that NEBULA itself should and will advance.

I believe it is BECAUSE of the diligent work performed by many of our 3rd party developers that is pushing the envelope of this advancement.

THIS may be the underlying reason why NAT has not been made so user friendly. The TECH support between Acoustic-Audio and the 'limited' 3rd party developers has ALREADY been mentioned. There are limited resources, both time AND people, to assisted in the entire product development. This I believe is the reality at his point ... though we ALL wish for this to move quicker/faster and wider, but for today it's what it is.

Not that I walk around carrying a cross or anything, but I do try to support ALL creations related to NEBULA ... and I can say, I'm rarely disappointed. Such there are some libraries that don't hit it off with me the first few times ... however, I've had said libs called in on a different project and was glad I had them.

There are still other VST plus out there that have my interest, and I'm watching closely ... recent purchase of the ArtsAcoustic compressor is one ... because SOMETIMES speed in the workflow will dictate the level one is allowed.

Well ... it seemed everyone else was jumpin in with their thoughts ... sorry to bore you with mine :roll:

Sincerely
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jeffbdavis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 am

KP2009 wrote:Just Put the Waves 1176, Softube, UAD 1176, Stillwell Rocker, or IK Multimedia 1176 in front of Alexb Version and Man, It Rocks..

Would it make better sense to run an 1176 plug (for compression) into the LineAmp program (for tone / distortion)? That way you're not running two compressors in series with the added GR?

I've tried the demo and the tone's definitely there. ;)
jeffbdavis
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby sneaky » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

happy here. But I too was half expecting a nebula update release to go along with it. I can understand the criticism. I dont agree with it. Maybe we're all still waiting for micro kernels whatever that is
sneaky

Postby vicnestE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 pm

sneaky wrote:happy here. But I too was half expecting a nebula update release to go along with it. I can understand the criticism. I dont agree with it. Maybe we're all still waiting for micro kernels whatever that is

For micro kernels, I believe the result is not as good as normal kernels. So sadly, it's basically dead.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm

just ordered and can't wait to check these babies out.
keep 'em coming alex.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cps418 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:33 pm

If anyone is willing to comment, how does this stack up to Eric's "76".
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby prosodio » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm

I´ve tried Ik black76 with line amp from alexb library and I´m in heaven... So you get the glue from the line amp and the compression from the plugin (wich I think is great)

greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries