Stereo AlexB Libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Stereo AlexB Libraries

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 am

jimbob wrote:You are right, I named the wrong mixer plugin--I use the one you listed. Your method sounds solid, also. This just shows you how flexible Reaper can be.

I know that my method cancels out 100% with the original signal when phase reversed (if no processing is used on the mid or side), so that's what I'm gonna stick with.

Yes, sure it will cancel out 100% because your processing the output of each MSED while I'm processing the signal internally (like a true mid-side recording, 2 mono signals) which also cancels out 100%. Learned a new trick today, thanks :)

i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Stereo AlexB Libraries

Postby jimbob » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:04 am

And thanks to you, as well. I couldn't wrap my head around inline M/S processing the way you do it until I read your post. Either way you get to it, I really like the effect of being able to use the stereo AlexB EQs on the side information only. Sometimes the stereo programs sound great in mastering situations without doing any M/S decoding, though.
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to 3rd party libraries