Login

Warping Issues with FATE EQ midband cut?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Warping Issues with FATE EQ midband cut?

Postby highvoltage » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I found some strange high freq warping with FATE EQ on the 3 highest band when cutting.

the roughest example is with the highest band:

It goes down to around -20dB on -100%, but then as you start to decrease the cut, it folds into a HUGE -40 dB cut, and the highest frequencies get cut.

This high frequencie roll of can be found on the other 2 high bands, at around -41% of cut:

Im wondering if its some kind of interpolation issue, cause i think i have found this warping behaviour in some other programs too, but i cant remember now where, and i thought it was how the HW react. I dont think so in this case, because it only appears at a sweet spot (even more so, cause AlexB's 73eq does not warp at the exact same cut, but i only have the demo), but heck i never used a real N**e in my life.
highvoltage

Re: Warping Issues with FATE EQ midband cut?

Postby analoginthebox.com » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Im wondering if its some kind of interpolation issue, cause i think i have found this warping behaviour in some other programs too

Yes, we are aware of it.
It is not an issue of Fate EQ only, it's a synchronization error between 2 samples. Known issue with Nebula for all available programs!
Actually there is no solution but to use step mode. It can happen to all programs and the more samples they are based on, the higher chances are to get this kind of issue.
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Warping Issues with FATE EQ midband cut?

Postby highvoltage » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

ok, thanks. anyway this doesnt affect the quality, cause you can just avoid the 'wrong states'

this and mammoth get used on almost every track. i wish more developers made COMBO programs
highvoltage

Return to 3rd party libraries