Login

Alex B Preamp Color Suite Pro???

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Alex B Preamp Color Suite Pro???

Postby AlexB » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm working at this. More and new preamps with better quality, from vintage Telefunken to the last modern S*L VHD passing for the Fatso :mrgreen:

The N**e preamp are the reissue by AMS (the vintage ones you can find in the console libraries).

The Mug suite is the Vintage Parametric eQ and the vintage envelope filter.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby HIFIDELITY » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 pm

All i can say is WOOW!! I knew you was adding some new pre-amps but WOOW! Vintage N**e,S*L through Fatso! :D Alex this is amazing news,this release is gonna be one of the best to date! Thank you so much Alex for sticking with this,Youv made me a very happy man! :P
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby AlexB » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 pm

The N**e preamp are the reissue by AMS, not the vintage.
Personally I don't consider the AMS products "N**e" but clones :mrgreen:
The original vintage units are in the console libraries. 8-)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby analoginthebox.com » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Same here. Prefering BAE over AMS when it comes to modern 1073 versions. Different, but suits better for me.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:

Same here. Prefering BAE over AMS when it comes to modern 1073 versions. Different, but suits better for me.

Yeah, at least that's what I hear when comparing your BAE preamp section with Alex's AMS 1073. The BAE is way smoother and sweet :) (though our recent emulations kick both asses lol).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby HIFIDELITY » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey,wether they are vintage or reissue i know you will work your magic Alex and it will sound exellent!! Heres a funny one for you all! I thought the Mug Suite was pronounced Mug, as in Mug Of Tea! :oops: Anyway,really looking foward to this release also, cant wait to let it loose on my basslines :P Kudos to Alex
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby scottkane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:26 am

looking forward :D
Cheers!!!
- graphics portfolio - music -
scottkane
User Level X
User Level X

Postby AlexB » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Yeah, at least that's what I hear when comparing your BAE preamp section with Alex's AMS 1073. The BAE is way smoother and sweet :) (though our recent emulations kick both asses lol).

I have sampled the AMS only for PCS and only the mic input and like all 1073 clones they lack of some original and important electronics components thet they reflect him in the sound. The in/out transformers by Marinair have huge differences from the Carnhill in the clones, the Motorola transistor (made in USA by'70 and not in Mexico) is the heart of the ClassA preamp circuit with some BC capacitors and they are out of production. I have found some of these NOS components to service and repair some units but factories as AMS, BAE, Vintech, TK, Great River etc. use modern components... And the AMS 1073DPA is with SMD = sound more congested, harsh and 2D :shock:
However in the PCS-PRO the unit sampled are AMS (1073 and 1081) and Vintech (1272) BUT I have modified them with NOS transistor and capacitors... Now quite usable :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:35 pm

AlexB wrote:in the PCS-PRO the unit sampled are AMS (1073 and 1081) and Vintech (1272) BUT I have modified them with NOS transistor and capacitors... Now quite usable :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Woot! Sounds great :) This is real good because we also have those modern flavors as well as vintage ones with the consoles. Thanks for revisiting this library Alex, really appreciated (Note: the A*I 512 is my favorite preamp in that collection :) ).

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby HIFIDELITY » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Alex, It really doesnt matter if you havent but I was wondering if you samples the VHD Drive settings on the S*L? As i say, it really doesnt matter! im just curious :D
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries