Login

Which Console & EQ's for Deep House

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Which Console & EQ's for Deep House

Postby Barendse » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:10 am

NYC style drum bus :

GreenSqueeze by TMS. Make sure you hit the input hard and go for at least 6 dB GR.

Eats those Stillwell toys for breakfast.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cmcknet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:24 pm

anthonyw wrote:Yep, almost forgot, R2R and Tape Boosters is also a good idea.

They're definitely on my list anthonyw... one thing that will be important for me is the sound of kick drums recorded to tape!

Cheers
cmcknet
User Level I
User Level I

Postby cmcknet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Barendse wrote:NYC style drum bus :

GreenSqueeze by TMS. Make sure you hit the input hard and go for at least 6 dB GR.

Eats those Stillwell toys for breakfast.

Thanks Barendse... richie43 also mentioned taking a look at TMS which I've done and I'm really impressed. All of a sudden I've got emulation lust and think I'll be spending far more than I wanted to! I was trying to have a plugin cull! lol

Cheers
cmcknet
User Level I
User Level I

Postby scooter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 pm

CLeq seems to be my go-to EQ. The S*L channel strip EQ really gives one all they need to do the heavy lifting or light carving. Like most here, I have a tone of 3rd party libraries I barely use, but I keep coming back to the AlexB CLeq. I own the 4KD, AIB and Rhythm In Mind compressors, but it still doesn't feel like the Nebula compressor presets are workable yet. They are good for tones that give a gentle EQ or harmonics, but the release and attack still feels strange and unnatural. Though the tone they give is pretty awesome and unbeatable!
-Scott
scooter

Postby cmcknet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:18 pm

scooter wrote:CLeq seems to be my go-to EQ. The S*L channel strip EQ really gives one all they need to do the heavy lifting or light carving. Like most here, I have a tone of 3rd party libraries I barely use, but I keep coming back to the AlexB CLeq. I own the 4KD, AIB and Rhythm In Mind compressors, but it still doesn't feel like the Nebula compressor presets are workable yet. They are good for tones that give a gentle EQ or harmonics, but the release and attack still feels strange and unnatural. Though the tone they give is pretty awesome and unbeatable!

Thanks Scott... I think I'm only going to buy one compressor and stick to Stillwell for now until the emulations improve.

I think I'm going to have quite a few EQ's, tape & console emulations though as they all look far too useful to pass on!

So much for culling my software!

Thanks Scott
cmcknet
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Barendse wrote:Eats those Stillwell toys for breakfast.

Dem be fightin' werds y'all. Don't cha knock my Stillwells!!

:mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 pm

I agree with what some others have said, the Nebula comps SOUND awesome, but sometimes I want a compressor to behave more like a compressor should behave. I love love love and use many of the Nebula comps, but sometimes one of the Stillwells is exactly what I need, and in ways that Nebula comps just can't do. So there. :roll:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cpwade » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 am

Barendse wrote:NYC style drum bus :

Love green squeeze. Absolutely solid suggestion.
cpwade

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries