Login

Any love for the preamp color suite?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Any love for the preamp color suite?

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 am

Masr wrote:Do you guys no what the THD 1-5 programs mean? I know about THD guitar preamps but they are valve and these are part of solid state group, aren't they? :roll:

This

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music/xl ... vhd%20pre/
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Barendse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 am

richie43 wrote:Yup. But what to do? I use whatever tool does justice to the song, whatever sample-rate it's in. I used to work in 48kHz exclusively, that seemed to be a happy medium with "better" resolution and less degradation with 96kHz Nebula libraries, but I have been working more with pre-recorded tracks lately and have begun to get accustomed to 44.1......

I hope more developpers wil follow the Alex B. approach (44.1 & 96 programs).
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Masr » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Masr wrote:Do you guys no what the THD 1-5 programs mean? I know about THD guitar preamps but they are valve and these are part of solid state group, aren't they? :roll:

This

Amazing, thanks.
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby anthonyw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:

This

This sounds awesome, even on the master. I've had PCS for a while and didn't realize it was that! :mrgreen:
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby geedy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:08 am

I actually have the preamp color suite replace my consoles that i bought in my chain and have had MUCH better results.. for some reason the consoles seem to veil my sounds while the preamps either enhance, enlarge or change the tone to MY will.. :twisted: I have the Globe and MWC.. both dont seem to be able to do what this collection can do, but thats my 2 cents :ugeek:
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Barendse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 am

geedy wrote:I actually have the preamp color suite replace my consoles that i bought in my chain and have had MUCH better results.. for some reason the consoles seem to veil my sounds while the preamps either enhance, enlarge or change the tone to MY will.. :twisted: I have the Globe and MWC.. both dont seem to be able to do what this collection can do, but thats my 2 cents :ugeek:

Grab SSL4000.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby geedy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Grab SSL4000.[/quote]

WILL DO
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby cactuseskimo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:25 pm

barendse wrote:Grab SSL4000.

geedy wrote:WILL DO

Hmmm . . . let me try now. Send me money.
cactuseskimo
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby yewtreemagic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Barendse wrote:About the src. To my ears when working at 44.1 with 96 programs there is a lost. It was also noticed in the SOS review btw.

Hi Barendse!

Only just noticed your comment, and since I wrote the SOS review in question perhaps I ought to explain my findings a little more ;)

Where I was supplied with both 44.1kHz and 96kHz versions of libraries for that review I auditioned them:

a) Using 96kHz audio files and 96kHz Nebula presets.
b) With 44.1kHz audio files and the 96kHz Nebula presets down-converted by Nebula.
c) With 44.1kHz files and the 44.1kHz presets as supplied.

96kHz audio files nearly always had the edge in audio quality (as you'd expect), but when you've got 44.1kHz audio files I could hear a tiny improvement in clarity with developer-converted 44.1kHz presets compared with on-the-spot Nebula converted 96kHz presets.

However, if I were using 44.1kHz audio files, the difference wouldn't be enough to put me off buying Nebula libraries only available in 96kHz versions :roll:

I simply stated that if there's a choice it may be worth buying the 44.1/48kHz Nebula versions 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic
yewtreemagic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Barendse » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 pm

yewtreemagic wrote:
Barendse wrote:About the src. To my ears when working at 44.1 with 96 programs there is a lost. It was also noticed in the SOS review btw.

Hi Barendse!

Only just noticed your comment, and since I wrote the SOS review in question perhaps I ought to explain my findings a little more ;)

Where I was supplied with both 44.1kHz and 96kHz versions of libraries for that review I auditioned them:

a) Using 96kHz audio files and 96kHz Nebula presets.
b) With 44.1kHz audio files and the 96kHz Nebula presets down-converted by Nebula.
c) With 44.1kHz files and the 44.1kHz presets as supplied.

96kHz audio files nearly always had the edge in audio quality (as you'd expect), but when you've got 44.1kHz audio files I could hear a tiny improvement in clarity with developer-converted 44.1kHz presets compared with on-the-spot Nebula converted 96kHz presets.

However, if I were using 44.1kHz audio files, the difference wouldn't be enough to put me off buying Nebula libraries only available in 96kHz versions :roll:

I simply stated that if there's a choice it may be worth buying the 44.1/48kHz Nebula versions 8-)

Martin

Hi Martin,

All I can say is that I completely agree with you.
What you described were also my findings when doing some tests.

You're talking about tiny improvements, this is true. But the strength of Nebula is the build up effect of using many programs. Everytime a little improvement makes in the end a noticeable difference.

Barend
Last edited by Barendse on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries