Login

New Guitar Preset - FREE

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: New Guitar Preset - FREE

Postby NealStarrett » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Thank you so much for this Transendingmusic! While I am happy with Guitar Rig 4, I always felt a certain something missing. I demoed a Marshall Class 5 yesterday and came close to getting it. Lets put it this way, I'm not getting the Marshall :D I do have to raise the liquidity slider all the way up to get rid of some noise but it doesn't seem to affect the sound.
no top dog
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9973789/No%20To ... %20100.mp3

with top dog
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9973789/Top%20Dog%20100.mp3
NealStarrett
User Level I
User Level I

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Yes Bluesman and Neal! Thanks for sharing your renditions with Top Dog. It's awesome to hear other external examples of this at work. And Neal especially on yours because there's more gain and distortion, there's that tightening up of the mid range which is so cool. It takes out the flat "honky" sound and cleans up. 8-)
Bring on some more!
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Formbank » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Bob,

Here's my example using an almostly exclusive nebula chain (Topdog > mic > tape > reverb)

with Topdog:
http://www.petekelly.eclipse.co.uk/topdogPK2.mp3

without Topdog:
http://www.petekelly.eclipse.co.uk/notopdogPK2.mp3

It certainly brightens up the sound - good for solos, I would say.

cheers
Pete K
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby mertayy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:02 pm

vicnestE wrote:Search for LePou's plugins, the clean of LeXTAC is quite nice. LE456 for great high gain tone.

I am wating for more cab programs. :twisted:

Thanks! I just tried them and they're really cool, amazing what one can get for free these days ;)

The examples shared here are really good by the way, you guys probably know the Vandal amp sim. that everybody is raving about at kvr.

After listening to examples here and sound demo's on the Vandal site, anyone else noticed a tonal similarity when Top dog 100 is inserted? it takes that home made sound away and gets overall tone to sound how it should be :twisted:
mertayy

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 am

mertayy wrote:
vicnestE wrote:Search for LePou's plugins, the clean of LeXTAC is quite nice. LE456 for great high gain tone.

I am wating for more cab programs. :twisted:

Thanks! I just tried them and they're really cool, amazing what one can get for free these days ;)

The examples shared here are really good by the way, you guys probably know the Vandal amp sim. that everybody is raving about at kvr.

After listening to examples here and sound demo's on the Vandal site, anyone else noticed a tonal similarity when Top dog 100 is inserted? it takes that home made sound away and gets overall tone to sound how it should be :twisted:

I think that is a good way of putting it. Either taking away the "homemade sound" or just overall making it sound more real. I'm not too familiar with that sim you mentioned but using this itb analog processing in conjunction with decent sim's brings the game up to another level.

Pete thanks for yet another good demostration of what can be done here. Its magic in the mid range can give an impression of also brightening things.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries