Login

AlexB - new Modern Tube Preamp PRO released !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - new Modern Tube Preamp PRO released !

Postby tumburu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:18 am

A big thanks for the updated with graphs manuals.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby HIFIDELITY » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 am

AlexB wrote:I hope to release in Sept. with Moog filters also... But so much gear, so little time (to sample it) :mrgreen:

September! Thats Fantastic. Again,Thanx for all your hard work Alex. This whole Nebula-3rd Party combination is awesome! It puts a smile on my face everyday :D
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby timothyallan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:15 am

Can we run 'both' releases at the same time?

I noticed that all the presets are different, so all of my old/current projects will not work properly if I update just to this new release?

The MBC Pro 2 upgrade wrecked all my old projects, but I think that was because some of the presets were named the same, and some were different.
Last edited by timothyallan on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
timothyallan
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Metalblast » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:39 am

Sovtek is deep hellish :P Thanks, Alex !
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:05 pm

About to pull the trigger on this. Does it impart qualities(my new use of this word for color and vibe) to a bland recording, namely my at2020 through a digi002 piped in through adat to my audio interface? I want to improve my vocal signal with some qualities!
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:59 am

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:About to pull the trigger on this. Does it impart qualities(my new use of this word for color and vibe) to a bland recording, namely my at2020 through a digi002 piped in through adat to my audio interface? I want to improve my vocal signal with some qualities!

Personally, I've always used the MTP on the mixbuss. At least in that application, it's gorgeous! I mostly record instrumentally though, or else I'd give you a more detailed answer about use for vocals.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:52 am

The MTP MIC using the STD is a favorite. I have used it early in a mastering chain of a live stage performance. It creates a depth of the stage that places the listener in an 'intimate' seat.

Beside the expansion of depth, it also magnifies the entire stage. It 'feels' like the low end extends downward another octave in a very firm, full way. It also seems to clear out muddiness.
Midrange and Hi-end seem to be musically tamed ... but never compressed or congested.

Tough to put to words, but for the current track it sounds rich and majestic with a spaciousness and depth. And it does this all in an effortless way.

There are many other Presets, including LINE IN, but I find this MIC-STD preset is worth the price of the entire library.

I don't want to influence anyone :shock: ... this is just my observation 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:42 am

Appreciate the replies, grabbing my this as we speak. I wont get to use until Thursday, so I'll have to be patient. Taking advantage of the AlexB xmas discount with the silver customer prices. Need that extra something for vocals. Since this was separate from the preamp color suite I snagged last week figured it might be a little more involved than that library.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby deehope » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:31 am

I own the hardware this is based on. It goes from ridiculously clean to thick and smooth. Beats out N**e and A*I all the time for pop/rnb/rap vocals.
Then I mix through it after for the extra mojo. Alex takes it to another level by swapping in a bunch of different tubes for different vibes.

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:Appreciate the replies, grabbing my this as we speak. I wont get to use until Thursday, so I'll have to be patient. Taking advantage of the AlexB xmas discount with the silver customer prices. Need that extra something for vocals. Since this was separate from the preamp color suite I snagged last week figured it might be a little more involved than that library.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries