Login

Alex B's New Compressors....?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Alex B's New Compressors....?

Postby brp » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Alex is so right!!

That's exactly why i wrote my previeus post, guessing on how to improof nebula instead of other discussion! Let's discouss the nature of nebula and collecting ideas on how to improof it's dynamic behavour, that's the only chance we have, getting a working nebula-compressor sooner!!!

cheers pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:28 pm

AlexB wrote:Mmmmhhh I don't understand all these sterile polemics about the library when on the market there are expensive plugin which sound like crap and some libraries which have a sound really far to the hardware...
We have the demo, so if you don't like it...
It seems that some people works for plugin factories moving a marketing war :!:
Unfortunately I not stop myself, since a lot of guys know that the issue isn't in the library but in the nebula engine, and also know well how to use these programs :mrgreen:
So the FENIX will come the next week 8-)
Pace

I second what Alex said. Everyone can think whatever they want, but he's right in my opinion. Buy it or don't. It is what it is and it sounds great to me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby clasam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 pm

lipa wrote:As to 76D.. yes it`s not accurate in ultra fast attack and slamming.. but that doesn`t worry me.. regular plugins will squash audio just fine if I need it.. nebula comps have that smell of hardware that I love..

Do you guys find you get better results by using cleaner plugins/hardware (ie: T******h CL1B) and then add Nebula compressor flavor (ie:Alex's 1176), or just use a compressor built for fast attack/crushing/slamming (ie: CLA 1176 blue or black stripe) and then Nebula Flavor, or just use the fast attack compressor by itself?
clasam
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cehas » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:11 pm

clasam wrote:Do you guys find you get better results by using cleaner plugins/hardware (ie: T******h CL1B) and then add Nebula compressor flavor (ie:Alex's 1176), or just use a compressor built for fast attack/crushing/slamming (ie: CLA 1176 blue or black stripe) and then Nebula Flavor, or just use the fast attack compressor by itself?

Well, CL1B etc. have some character.. I usually put Nebula first and then some completely clean digital compressor, like Flux PureComp, which has several auto settings (ratio, release), so it makes the combo VERY versatile.

Still, I'd like to see Nebula handling the whole process properly, so I'd get the actual attack & release times of the original hardware.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby EricH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 am

Yes an API2500 !! I cannot think of a better developer for the job a 10k 96kHz versions please. I will buy it immediately upon release. Alex brings the quality. Cannot wait for it. I generally use the comps for the overall sonic vibe for the signal and tend not to compress. I use actual analogue or other software for this work, always keep perspective. Nebula €139, programs = not expensive, some good wine or a few beers??? We can all want for better but come on people getting exact copy for nearly nothing of $30,000.00 of hardware is not realistic.Please make the 2500 with all your hard work and love Alex.
EricH
User Level V
User Level V

Postby EricH » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Summer time arrives and I looks forward to the Alex B API2500 and cannot wait, any news ? I hope it is still a plan.thx
EricH
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Definity » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:58 pm

yeah i wonder how its going.
Definity

Postby sneaky » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:59 am

EricH wrote:Yes an API2500 !! I cannot think of a better developer for the job a 10k 96kHz versions please. I will buy it immediately upon release.

Ditto :D
sneaky

Postby Definity » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Can't wait to hear it, hope it is comming soon. does anyone know if the Tube Tech is next or the A*I?
Definity

Postby EricH » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Thinking about 2500 today and remembered this post I wonder if work has commenced or if there are delays.
EricH
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries