Login

Alex B's New Compressors....?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Alex B's New Compressors....?

Postby geedy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:46 am

I would be impressed if they where able to sample the fairchild and actually have the funtionality of Lat-Vert mode.. Dreams.. :roll:
geedy
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm sad to see folks disparaging the Stripe 76 which, to date, is the only real 1176 release for Nebula. When Alex gets around to releasing this that will change but for now (but it is how many months now?), this is all smoke and mirrors and the Stripe 76 is probably one of the best available software 1176s around.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I love Stripe76! I still remember how blown away I was when first trying it...But it just isn`t as close to hardware as 76D is..(beta version of course).. and I still hope it will be released as promised (should be this or next week!) :roll:
lipa

Postby lipa » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:33 pm

as for cons of stripe76:
- I could never get that 1176 crunchy sound from it.. sure transformer coloration sounds great but the actual compression distortion and sound breaking is somewhat missing (it always sounds too clean for a 1176)
- I could never set it up exactly the way I liked, always gettin to much or to little compression.. it`s to damn sensitive especially when You have many transients in a row..(snare roll).. then it can go from 1 or 2 to 7 or more db of compression instantly..audio goes very silent.. this is not how hardware works..
- even the fast release is too slow for a 1176..

BUT of course comparing to other (especially algorythmic vst) comopressors:
- it has tons of punch
- it has very nice coloration (don`t compress, and turn drive up)
- it has very strong, focused sound
- I like it! :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby david1103 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm

i don't want to be a kill joy, but what is all the excitement about new alex b compressors? nebula is just not any good at compression yet, and until there is an engine upgrade i don't see how this will change.

you are welcome to disagree with me, but this is my opinion after much of my own testing and reading about the subject here. seems like hype all these beta testers posting.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Definity » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 am

david1103 wrote:i don't want to be a kill joy, but what is all the excitement about new alex b compressors? nebula is just not any good at compression yet, and until there is an engine upgrade i don't see how this will change.

you are welcome to disagree with me, but this is my opinion after much of my own testing and reading about the subject here. seems like hype all these beta testers posting.

Well i think a number of things why we all suck upto this new compressor is becuase beta testers say it sounds very real, and the idea of nebula getting closer and closer to the hardware is exciting, and especially me am very ethusistic about this. Plus Alex's stuff hasnt let me down yet!
Definity

Postby Barendse » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 pm

david1103 wrote:i don't want to be a kill joy, but what is all the excitement about new alex b compressors? nebula is just not any good at compression yet, and until there is an engine upgrade i don't see how this will change.

Most Nebula comps sound strange to me, it becomes very noticeable on drums. Green Squeeze (TMS), Draw her (TMS) and Fatecomp (AITB) are exceptions to my ears. The Vari-mu (STN) is great for slow colourfull mastering. You can also find some usable comp programs in Retro Analog Studio Suite & The Producers Pack 1 by CDS.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby AlexB » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Hello guys, some info about 76D Suite:

- As I have said in other topic I have delayed the release to not compete with Strip76 8-)

- The library is ready, I wait for the special skin by Scott to release... Or maybe I can release the library without this... However it will be released the 1st March with special offert.

- The 76D Suite includes the vintage 1968 Blue Strip by U*******l A***o, the classic 1970 Black by Urei and the modern 2000 Black LN by U*******l A***o.

- The presets are 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 and ALL button in mono, stereo, with internal HPF-sidechain and external sidechain control.
+ LineAmp for all compressors (useful on buss-group and mixbuss).

- Demo preset available (tonight I hope).

- This is a limiter, not a compressor, so normally I use as 1st insert to control the peak with only -2 or -3dB GR 12:1 on kick drum, snare, toms, bass, guitars, voice... But it's great also with more compression.

- I hope that my next compressor release will be the T******h CL1B. ;)

Cheers

Alex
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Wahoooooooo!!!!!
Definity