Login

Alex B's New Compressors....?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Alex B's New Compressors....?

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:10 am

It seems like everyone here is a beta tester for Alex..... so who is left besides me to buy it?? :P
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby meloco » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:53 am

Me=)

I wish a good demo would be available. 76 is fast and also is auto-release compressor, wonder how well it could be Nebulized...
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby lipa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Yup.. I was (like 1,5 year ago..) under impression that softube got closer to hardware than the rest.. now i know it`s far from it.. maybe even further than waves.. but I still like using it from time to time..

As to distortion in slam mode.. don`t know yet..I only demoed 4:1 ratio.. But tried it on everything so far (bass, vocals, guitars, piano..). Every time I`m more than pleased with results. Maybe let`s all write Alex to release it right now so everyone could check it all and than if He updates something we could download the programs update only.. :idea: ;)
lipa

Postby lipa » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 pm

besides.. we all (people who tested it) have to buy full release anyway.. we only received 4:1 ratio which obviously is not a full compressor.. :roll:
lipa

Postby Barendse » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:02 pm

geedy wrote:Rhythminmind's Stripe76 will have to do for now... Just remeber not to go past 3 db of gain reduction on ANY compressor from nebula.. Just go for the MOJO over the deep compression...

Agree except for the Green Squeeze. To my ears the best Nebula comp right now. On the drumbuss it easily kills every 300 dollar algo comp.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:56 pm

lipa wrote:besides.. we all (people who tested it) have to buy full release anyway.. we only received 4:1 ratio which obviously is not a full compressor.. :roll:

I'm sure you do. I was just whining and being greedy..... :cry:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Richie.. try writing Alex.. I`m sure He will give You the oportunity to try the 76D..

Thanks for the green squeeze tip.. I`ll check it. I liked GMD the most so far from nebula, and 4KD is on my every master.. (been doing a lot comparisions with the glue.. and the glue is reeaaaaly close - like 3% behind).
lipa

Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:09 pm

"Richie.. try writing Alex.. I`m sure He will give You the oportunity to try the 76D.. "

I tried...

Alex: "Hello, I haven't released any demo, sorry."

Ok I will wait then. :)
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby lipa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 pm

well..I guess there was too many eager to beta test it..
The good news is that Alex today wrote me: the release will come in the next weeks. I`m only worried by the letter "s" at the end of the word "week". :lol:
lipa

Postby SWAN » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:03 am

lipa wrote:Hey guys! Today, I`ve had the oportunity to test drive 76D :mrgreen:
..and guess what... IT`S DA BOMB!! I CALL IT THE BEST Nebula library EVER (Tapebooster is a close second). Alex is making finishing touches to further optimise some parameters but already 76D does the best gain reduction I`ve heard in and out of computer (ok..I don`t have pricey hardware comps). Unlike Stripe76, the 76D is very controllable, predictible and very elastic sounding.. making every track alive.. also there is a very nice crunch.. easy to dial. Both attack and release are fully variable from a program (no need to switch program for different release setting which is annoying..). It`s gonna have some special skins.. and it`s coming out soooon. Finally, the 1176 sound is properly recreated in the box, making all kinds of waves cla, ik tracks, softube, stilwell and uad plugs a waste of hard drive space. 8-)

are you using this @96k?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries