Login

NICE EQ Acqua VST Plug-In For Windows Now Available !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NICE EQ Acqua VST Plug-In For Windows Now Available !

Postby mertayy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Barendse wrote:Okay, so no advantage speaking about the Nice eq programs.

That comment would be unfair. I can think of better order of plug-ins in daw, less mouse usage (less wrist problems) and dedicated knobs so your eyes won't be searching whats where...but this is just the beginning, for example future eq's can have same knob number of hardware and who knows whats planned next.

For beginners its a dream come true. No menus for needless tweaking-searching-loading-saving-adding librarys...and such confusion.

I'm fine working with the sampler but I think such approach is great, now both developers and customer can get what they want for the money and everyone will be happy (including current Nebula haters).
mertayy

Postby Barendse » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 pm

mertayy wrote:

That comment would be unfair. I can think of better order of plug-ins in daw, less mouse usage (less wrist problems) and dedicated knobs so your eyes won't be searching whats where...but this is just the beginning, for example future eq's can have same knob number of hardware and who knows whats planned next.

For beginners its a dream come true. No menus for needless tweaking-searching-loading-saving-adding librarys...and such confusion.

I'm fine working with the sampler but I think such approach is great, now both developers and customer can get what they want for the money and everyone will be happy (including current Nebula haters).

Well okay maybe that's my problem: I'm no Nebula hater ;-)

The only thing I hate is that there's still no numerical input possible. Sometimes those sliders are driving me crazy.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Plus, free is always a fun advantage! :)
Barendse wrote:
mertayy wrote:

Well okay maybe that's my problem: I'm no Nebula hater ;-)

The only thing I hate is that there's still no numerical input possible. Sometimes those sliders are driving me crazy.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Thank you Alex! That means a lot coming from you.

AlexB wrote:Fantastic work Michael ! :)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi there! Thanks!
It is similar to Nebula but stripped down a little. When used at 96 it loads very fast, and generally at other frequencies it converts about the same as it would in Neb. But the RAM is not terrible. I don't have exact estimate. Our online internet computer is a dinosaur and it runs 3 instances in Reaper at 192kHz, so that made me happy! On a dual core AMD with 4Gig Ram (Windows XP 32 can only take advantage of a little of this) I can load many instances, but Windows limits how many in a single program host.

farjedi wrote:Great work Michael, this is a real step in the right direction!..
What is the Ram hit on this thing?..I take it all bands are loaded into Ram when you open the VST?..cheers
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi there- thanks!
I hope so :)

zaminx wrote:Great stuff Michael hope to see Mac vst version in the near future.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Mark- That is a good idea!

I'm not exactly sure how to post images in the forum. I see the Img option which wraps with Img- but not sure how to post.
But, I'm happy to do so! :)

rrrobo wrote:Hey Michael, how about inserting a screenshot of Nice EQ standalone into this thread so people can really see what it is. I don't think people are realising just what you have here...

Cheers, brilliant work again. Good luck.

Mark
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby himhui » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:05 am

:D
Attachments
Snap3.jpg
Snap3.jpg (111.89 KiB) Viewed 789 times
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 am

aha!
Attachments
ssa.JPG
ssa.JPG (21.27 KiB) Viewed 770 times
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Spacey » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Nice job on the Eq, thought I had bought the nice eq....on looking...nope. I better get my wallet out then :)

I tend to use the reverb version of Nebula as even though the latency is a pain .... the quality is better.

Does your plugin run in the low latency or full cream version or both?
Spacey
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries