Login

real rooms are coming.........

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: real rooms are coming.........

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 pm

burnsound wrote:It sounds great.

Will this be a PC only release?

no, all acqua plugins and nebula libraries will work in mac osx too (au releases asap)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:50 pm

and yes, it sounds good.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby lordnielson » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

giancarlo wrote: (au releases asap)

8-)
lordnielson

Postby burnsound » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I may be skeptical, but I'm certainly looking forward to checking this out. That's good that it will run on Mac.

Is there any estimated time frame for a release/preview?
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby mim1050 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your questions.

We sampled two rooms before the one we gonna release. We tested them a long time to know what could be useful, what is certainly not.

Because it is a new tool, we needed a lot of experiments.
In fact we're not sampling room only, but electro-acoustics chains, with acoustics and electric parameters.
We called that "virtual room miking".

About keeping it simple, it's a good idea, but the interest is reduced. Because a room is like an equaliser by some aspects. Moving the source in the space will change the frequency response. This is why there is a "sweetspot". So releasing a simple real space program, is like releasing an eq with a fixed gain.

But yes, we could release, in the future, more simple presets like "overheads", "kick", etc...

This is our first release, it's gonna be very fairly priced, especially the nebula librairies, because we want a lot of feedback to improve this new tool.

I'll post a demo tommorow.

Thanks

mim
mim1050
User Level I
User Level I

Postby burnsound » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:26 pm

I am looking forward to hearing that demo- big time.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby bluetimes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 pm

I'd be very interested in the parameter set for this "virtual room miking". Sounds very promising. Is it possible to choose source as well as mic positions? Will the positioning be in 2d or even 3d (which would be very awesome)? How about rotation of the microphone pairs? Could be very cool with ORTF-configuration of the microphone pairs :D, but seems to involve a very longsome sampling process. Also, a list of mics used would be very interesting.

You see, I'm very interested in this library and will certainly purchase it, even if it doesnt include all features I mentioned above. :)
bluetimes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mim1050 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:53 am

So, Here is the audio demo.

Drum Demo.

Because creating convincing virtual room microphones of drums, it's something we missed a lot, something we wanted very much.

It's a matter of stereophonic space, microphone color, and preamp loudness.

You'll find 5 files inside the archive :

- Drum Dry, it's amix of the original tracks with little eq and gate . There is 1 kick, 2 snare top, 1 snare bottom, 2 Over heads, 1 Hi hat, 2 fronts.

For the other files, we added an instance of a particuliar microphone pair on each track. We decided a localisation of each element. The process is 100% wet, only mono to stereo (you'll have two instances for overhead). Since it is a drum, we decided to raise the in and lower the out, to drive the preamps.

- Drum Shoeps Close : The microphone pair is a M/S system with Shoeps CCM microphones. This is our reference microphone for stereo localisation. It is at the most exact spot to create a good stereo image (according to the sampling zone). The placement of elements are really close. Notice you can already listen the room all around.

- Drum MD 21 Mid : The mircophone pair is a AB system with Senheiser MD 21 (omni, dynamic). The preamp is a French mini mixer used for broadcasting. It has Carnill transformer, and 82 (!) db of gain. The placement of elements is mid field. It has more harmonic distortion, so the dynamic of the signal feels more punchy.

- Drum DPA Decca tube : It's a decca system of the unbelievable DPA 4006. The Preamp are hi end tube transformer. The localisation of elements are far. The sound is just gorgeous and powerfull.

Drum Mix of 4 : mix of the 4 other tracks. Well, there is a lot of DPA Decca tube in it.

The programs are (for now) 3 kernels. It should be used as insert / 100% wet. To process a drum, you'll need maybe 10 or 12 instances of nebula, so we have to aim the perfect performance / sound ratio.

Parameters are : Microphone pair, (On 2 micophones pairs your can also choose the preamp), Depth of source, Angle to the center line, Source level. (let's keep it simple for now ;) )

Thank you !

mim
mim1050
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 am

Oh my.... these demos are IMPRESSIVE.

Thank you very much, I'm definitely looking forward to this release.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Expert
Expert

Postby burnsound » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 am

I'm sold. Consider my words eaten from my previous post.

When might we get a chance to purchase this?
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries