Login

British Console?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

British Console?

Postby farjedi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm

I recieved a previous customer email, must be about 4 weeks ago, about a CdSoundmaster release British Console. I'm suprised that there has been no release information from Michael or anyone who bought this posting. I wanted to hear reviews before dropping on it myself...anyone?
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Re: British Console?

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't think this has been released yet; it's not yet listed on CDSoundmaster's master programs list.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Maybe a customer only release? I remember it was quite cheap.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Although it's 19USD for old customers, hard to decide without demo audios or free samples.

By reading the graphs, some kind of bright/warm console never seemed before.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Barendse wrote:Maybe a customer only release? I remember it was quite cheap.

doesn't seem to be released officially. it's a calrec console if i got that right and it's indeed dirt cheap ($19 for previous customers). very tempting indeed! but i have to confess i have little problems with michael's audio demos at least for the consoles. they rarely make me jump up and wanna grab the library. no disrespect intended, r2r and tape booster+ are great and so are the eqs! i would be happy if michael would present his demos more in the way alexb does. with consistent material to make comparing the different consoles/libraries easier.

edit: was still typing while vicnestE replied... there is an audio demo!
futur2

Postby Metalblast » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

BBC console :o
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi everyone. Yes the info posted is accurate. It is the stated console, literally one of a kind- the only one made to the specifications listed. It has only been released to previous customers thus far.

There will be 2 more extremely special consoles to follow. One will be at the same price as the Custom British Console and the other only slightly more. These last two are based on requests. They will be followed by a free release to customers and very inexpensive public release.

I'm making updates to the website and want things in place before announcing the last consoles, and also felt it was important for AlexB to get plenty of notice for the awesome Blue Console, which I am sure sounds awesome and I know he worked very hard on.

Regarding demos and audio samples, it can be hard to come up with ways to feature something that is normally going to be more subtle than anything in comparison until the user hears it on their own familiar material on many tracks. I think the Bogen is the only example where it can be immediately exceedingly obvious because it is easy to invoke the slight drive of the tubes. But the consoles like Tride-N-True and British Custom etc are subtle and less obvious but definitely full of character- just hard to convey until in use.

Thanks for your patience for the public release on these.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 pm

"Familiar materials" is the key point.
Unless you are familiar with the sound sources, it takes lots effort to compare subtle console programs.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby bottom1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

I was in the same boat (I currently own the CBC, but will really get my hands dirty this week)... Anyway, for the past month or so (while dealing with Cubase 5.5/AlexB Neb Auth issues), I spent the month solely using CDS libraries (reintroducing myself to all the tubes, eq, consoles and Tape programs I ignored)... I found that after a lot of exploration, his contributions are Brilliant (way more than just the R2R library)...

Not to add to whats already on Michael's plate, but shoot him an email, and get specific with your questions. I did.. You'll learn something new, and his explanations really open up a whole new world.

I'm one of those guys who could careless about Audio Samples and Freq Plots... Tools are Tools, I just need to understand the characteristic... I mainly do Rap & R&B, so in my world there are no rules... Sorry for the hi-jack.
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Len511 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:06 am

I jumped on it. I would say it is the flavor of the w295 Siemens EQ, or the telefunken tubes on the mtp from alexB. Clean and tight, when that's what you want. In contrast with something like the T*****t console or vbc console. One or two presets have a pumping hissing noise that makes them unusable, I don't know what that is, but other than that it was worth the money.
Len511
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries