Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Sounds Great !!! :)
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Free Valve distortion preset

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Thank-you Henry !

Had a chance to quickly audition several of the presets. A nice collection of colors and tools.

Thank-you :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby elam » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:46 am

h-man wrote:Gotta export everything - not funny when it is 50 songs. :D

Good news!!! Don't worry it's like Nebula ...it worth it.In few weeks you'll record/edit/mix/master as fast as you use to in Sonar.Transitions are always a lil painful.

As for the studio gear access.Man,that's dope.
We'll push Giancarlo a$$...I'm sure he's already agree ;) G.?
Enrique send him NAT Platinum por favor ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:15 am

h-man wrote:... got a way to go to totally move across to Reaper as a lot of my projects are in Sonar format. Gotta export everything - not funny when it is 50 songs. :D

I have been test driving REAPER ... also a SONAR user.

I TRIED to do a OMF file transfer from SONAR -> REAPER. It did NOT go well :|

There is a beta plugin for REAPER that was to deal with OMFs, but all that imported were that track assignments. NONE of the actual wave files went in ... only 'place holders'. I had to manually track down and load the audio to each track. :|

After doing one song, I was then able to start experimenting with REAPER.

At this point ... there are some nice things I like about REAPER. It feels like it responds much quicker than SONAR. Loading projects seems quicker.

I did a few volume automation edits ... seems a bit clunky. Just trying to maneuver around the screen was not without effort.

I'm chalking this up to the 'learning' curve. :roll: ... but we'll see.

oh ... I also tried out the Presonus Studio ONE v2.

Did NOT like it at all :shock:

hmmm ... I may need to demo a PROTools rig [PC] :o
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 am

RJHollins wrote:hmmm ... I may need to demo a PROTools rig [PC] :o

Don't do it. Give Reaper some time, it is very deep and very powerful.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sneaky » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 am

very generous
sneaky

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 am

richie43 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:hmmm ... I may need to demo a PROTools rig [PC] :o

Don't do it. Give Reaper some time, it is very deep and very powerful.

Hi richie !

hilarious :lol:

Well ... it has been through some of your gracious help that got me through the initial hurdles with REAPER.

As mentioned, there are aspects I do like. In particular, the heavy reliance on NEBULA in all my work seems to be handled smoother with REAPER. I still have a crash or 3 ! But I'm thinking it may be a NEBULA issue. I'm using the latest 'server' version.

Since I'm running NEB as a 'separate process', things seem better behaved ... BUT ... there is a GRAPHICS issue I'm having with NEBULA.

The numeric displays in the fader section do NOT update correctly. The numeric display within the large LED display of NEB works fine ... but the fader numbers get all messed up.

I thought it might be a skin issue, but even the 'coke classic' skin has the same problem. Even the latest version of NAT has a major crashing issue that will NOT allow me to move the main screen UNTIL I load in a NEB instance :| . Hopefully fixes are on the way.

As for REAPER. Well this OMF transfer is a big problem. Know of a solution ????

I'm trying out the newest REA skin. It is leaning in the direction [look] that I prefer. I like to see the name of the tracks at the BOTTOM of the fader. AND, I need MONO button on the MASTERFADER. The PROTools skin was 'nice', but it was missing features mentioned.

Again ... I'm early in my playing with REAPER [although I did buy a license] I hope it will be more workable. I do have to consider the clients formats that come in, and PROTools is definitely common. So will have to see.

Again, thanks for all help ... I will probably need more :lol:

Sincerely.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mplay » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Fairchild and Bricasti

Mplay

Postby biomuse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 pm

richie43 wrote:
ericus wrote:Henry and his nice little gems... :mrgreen:

I still use the drum reverb you gave us a few years ago.

Thank you for sharing!

Eric

OMG. Henry's "intimate" drum reverb is on 99% of my drum busses. It is my drum sound.

+1 8-)
biomuse
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:09 am

RJHollins wrote:Hi richie !

hilarious :lol:

Well ... it has been through some of your gracious help that got me through the initial hurdles with REAPER.

As mentioned, there are aspects I do like. In particular, the heavy reliance on NEBULA in all my work seems to be handled smoother with REAPER. I still have a crash or 3 ! But I'm thinking it may be a NEBULA issue. I'm using the latest 'server' version.

Since I'm running NEB as a 'separate process', things seem better behaved ... BUT ... there is a GRAPHICS issue I'm having with NEBULA.

The numeric displays in the fader section do NOT update correctly. The numeric display within the large LED display of NEB works fine ... but the fader numbers get all messed up.

I thought it might be a skin issue, but even the 'coke classic' skin has the same problem. Even the latest version of NAT has a major crashing issue that will NOT allow me to move the main screen UNTIL I load in a NEB instance :| . Hopefully fixes are on the way.

As for REAPER. Well this OMF transfer is a big problem. Know of a solution ????

I'm trying out the newest REA skin. It is leaning in the direction [look] that I prefer. I like to see the name of the tracks at the BOTTOM of the fader. AND, I need MONO button on the MASTERFADER. The PROTools skin was 'nice', but it was missing features mentioned.

Again ... I'm early in my playing with REAPER [although I did buy a license] I hope it will be more workable. I do have to consider the clients formats that come in, and PROTools is definitely common. So will have to see.

Again, thanks for all help ... I will probably need more :lol:

Sincerely.

Strange. I have been having a few graphics issues with Nebula numbers, but the only crashes I have ever had were traced to my audio card driver, not Nebula. And I am also on the latest server version. I don't run Nebula as a dedicated process though. That is good for buggy vst's, but I have had worse performance doing that with nebula in Reaper. Stick with it, Reaper will eventually do most of everything that you need. :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries