Login

Vintage Sampler Programs...?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Vintage Sampler Programs...?

Postby nlesca » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:11 am

I was into this, did some experiments, if your sampler monitor in real time it's easy, just use a preamp session and do it in real time... for older samplers that dont monitor in real time it's a lot more complicated, you need a special preamp session with short testones and a special xml that will put together all the sampled levels (you have to do each level one by one, if you know how the pramp testone files look like you'll understand)...Giancarlo told me he will provide one but it was a few monthes ago...I beleive he's too busy with more important features...also Aliasing is a big problem because you have to work offline for sampler that dont monitor in real time (like most 12 bits samplers)...Giancarlo could probably implement some sort of automatic correction but for now it's a bit like playing bingo, some testone will give a nice program others will give you wreid aliasing artefacts...

here's a secret trick: the Sequencial Circuits Studio 440 is a 12 bits sampler that monitor in real time! this one can be sampled...I dont have access to it but if you do, it can be done.

Peace.
nlesca
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:16 am

hi,
when I'll get a bit of time I'll try to sample my kurzweil K2000 with sampling option. Yes, you are right, I promised those sessions time ago, I was a bit busy... try to contact me at the end of august
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nlesca » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:19 am

ok, cool, thanks Giancarlo.
nlesca
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:25 am

maybe thats what we need to do - get a Studio 440 - and doesnt the Akai S612 have a 'pass-thru' feature?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby farjedi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 pm

I have my brothers s1000 stored here at the moment. If i was told what to do i could sample it..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ParadigmX » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:47 pm

I have done the Akai S2000... but the programs stopped working :lol:

No idea why have emailed the programs to giancarlo. not heard back, this was a while ago.

I did it via live monitor but i have a feeling the monitor inputs are hardwired to the outputs so you dont get the full effect. Will have a go at doing it again, with various 'overload' characteristics.

The best ones would be the 12-8bit ones tho. And of course the zplane filters, but that would take massive time.

Similarly, pressing a vinyl with the impulse would be cool if anyone fancies doing....
ParadigmX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby kungfujeezus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

ParadigmX wrote:
Similarly, pressing a vinyl with the impulse would be cool if anyone fancies doing....

+1 +1 +1!! This is one of my top requests for Nebula, vinyl impulse, with and without RIAA curve!! Wonder if anyone could Nebul-ize wax cylinders, or blue amberol, old Edison stuff :) That would be a dream.
kungfujeezus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby trickster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 am

+1 me too. Vinyl was talked about a few years ago...haven't heard anything since then :(
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ParadigmX » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:06 pm

well you can get a dublate cut for around £35 - i havent got a record player tho so would be difficult to rerecord.

im sure people would pay 5-10£ for the programs, and youd get your money back...

:D

edit just been looking you can get a 7" cut for £16!
ParadigmX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Definity » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:03 pm

+1+1+1+1 aswell what a cool idea never though of sampling vinyl before, well it would be cool if you could sample it untill the record gets really LoFi so keep it running untill the grooves wear down, especially with different types of needles and amps!!
Definity

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries