Login

HELP!! Which N**e EQ????????

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: HELP!! Which N**e EQ????????

Postby vicnestE » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:29 am

analoginthebox.com wrote:
Well, if you're talking about an old 1073 anyway, you should probably go for AlexB's 73eQ which IS an old 1073 ;-) Contrary to AITBs FATE EQ which is a newer 1073.

I am not sure where the origin of this information is located as it is wrong. Fate EQ is based on a vintage unit. :D

Isn't FATE EQ B~~AE1073??
That's how I name it.
"FAT (BA)E EQ"
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 am

vicnestE wrote:
analoginthebox.com wrote:
Well, if you're talking about an old 1073 anyway, you should probably go for AlexB's 73eQ which IS an old 1073 ;-) Contrary to AITBs FATE EQ which is a newer 1073.

I am not sure where the origin of this information is located as it is wrong. Fate EQ is based on a vintage unit. :D

Isn't FATE EQ B~~AE1073??
That's how I name it.
"FAT (BA)E EQ"

I don't think so. Fate EQ sounds like 10 times better than BAE1073 so I guess it is based on a vintage module taken from a real N**e console.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 pm

I have to admit I thought FATE EQ was a BAE...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby nicolasmasset » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 am

So let me get this straight, the ten-at4 includes eq + the pres/lines for 40€, so it's pretty much an eq AND a console, except for the busses and master, right?

And 73eQ is just the eq, with no lines or pres, but you can buy the vbc pro bundle deal for 50€ which DOES include busses and master.

Also, cdsm seems to go up to 11 kernels vs alexb 5 kernels?

Which is the better deal?!
nicolasmasset
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 am

nicolasmasset wrote:So let me get this straight, the ten-at4 includes eq + the pres/lines for 40€, so it's pretty much an eq AND a console, except for the busses and master, right?

And 73eQ is just the eq, with no lines or pres, but you can buy the vbc pro bundle deal for 50€ which DOES include busses and master.

Also, cdsm seems to go up to 11 kernels vs alexb 5 kernels?

Which is the better deal?!

Both would be the ideal answer here but I know money is an issue nowadays. The N**e 1073 is a preamp by itself, even used as is in different 500 series racks all around the world. These modules (as well as 1084's) have a "EQ in" button which bypasses the equalizer section and just work as preamps in this situation so I think that's what Michael did to create this special program. In the 73eQ you have both the preamp section and the EQ working, always, but with Michael's 1084 you can 'virtually' switch one of them off. I got to be honest here, I don't own Michael's 1084 and maybe I'm wrong with these comments so I hope he could join us here and clarify this topic.

I own the 73eQ and the VBC-PRO and just can say they sound very good and fit perfectly in my line of work (hip-hop, r&b, salsa, merengue, techno, trance, etc.). I'd also love to purchase some EQ's I'm interested in but like I said money is an issue nowadays (well, in my case is more a "currency exchange/limited quota per year" issue).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 am

Does FATE Eq have a simple 'channel' program?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 am

Console programs are more complex than simple EQ line amp, and the sound is very different. If you look for only preamp sound than the line preamp in the EQ is fine but if you look to a console sound, you need the console library.
The preamp in the 1073 is a simple preamp connected with I/O cable. The input line in the console is the 1073 preamp through the console circuit (only input circuit, not the whole console path) where originally it lives which give THAT sound. Very different thing.
I have sampled more than one simple channel, more than one simple mic pre, every channel sounds different to the others (see the graph in the user manual) to give you the mojo that only the console can give, not a single line preamp. For this reason I have done the Preamp Color Suite. Also, the buss group sound very different and the same for the mixbuss. Again, you have the send-return buss with his sound and the panner. Every stage in the console has a different circuit = different sound.

About 5k vs more k. You may look at the sound, at the spectrum analyzer and at the workflow. I have found that 5k is right for mixing without too charge the ram and cpu maintaining the full control for the frequency and gain in every single band (low-mid-high).

Finally you can demo the programs and use your ears 8-)

Cheers
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 pm

SWAN wrote:Does FATE Eq have a simple 'channel' program?

Yep.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby nicolasmasset » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Alex, that was very informative!
nicolasmasset
User Level II
User Level II

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries