Login

HELP!! Which N**e EQ????????

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: HELP!! Which N**e EQ????????

Postby Barendse » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 pm

fuseburn wrote:One single recommendation though: If someone had given me the 1084-FREE-K7 preset some years ago, it would have saved me from wasting loads of time spent in comparing dozens of different EQ-plugins. It's integrated in the N-TEN-AT-4 demo package, go for it ! A kind of "make everything sound good"-machine.

+1 Great program. Normally I use MBC, I did a mix where I replaced all MBC programs by this program. It sounded smooth and wide.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:48 pm

if you want it for drums then the FATE EQ snare and bass drum programs are exactly what you want! they combine multiple freqs in one program for shaping the kick and snare.

i think everyone telling him to get both is missing the point. having too many will also waste time having to audition so many different eq's! one good nerve eq and get to know it well.

i am trying to delete as many different neb progs and VST plugins as possible and leave myself the following 3 types for each effect:

1. for tight punchy/forward sound
2. for smooth/vintage sound
3. for clean uncoloured sound

if i have 3 programs or plugins for each type of effect like eq/comp etc then that is quite enough to mix an amazing record...esp if they are all of nebula quality :)

for my three eq's for nebula:

1. tight punchy/forward sound = alexb modern api2500
2. for smooth/vintage sound = Fate eq
3. for clean uncoloured sound = mammoth (or LP10 linear phase for very clean... i cheated my rule ;)

life is too short for 20+ eq's! its obsessive behaviour!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

david1103 wrote:1. tight punchy/forward sound = alexb modern api2500

I guess you're talking about the BMQ (Black Master EQ), which is an A*I 5500, right?

david1103 wrote:3. for clean uncoloured sound = mammoth (or LP10 linear phase for very clean... i cheated my rule ;)

"Uncoloured"? I don't think so. This is one of the most coloured EQ's for Nebula as well as AlexB's MWQ (N**e Portico 5033).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby HIFIDELITY » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:13 pm

thanx to all for the replys,very helpfull.David,thanx for your reply,you really do get where im coming from! This time last year i had about 100+ programs in my neb folder,and one day i thought to myself,how many of these do i actually use? and by the end of that day i narrowed it down and deleted about 70% of the folder! and ever since that day i only fill my neb folder with programs i actually use, the reason for this is i beleive to much choice can be more of a hindrance than a help,which can quickly lead to a block in the creative process when there are to many choices on offer! So with that as an epos i try to be very selective when it comes to buying new programs,and add to that the cost! this seems to be working fine for me! thatswhy i ask theses questions,to HELP me narrow down the coice,after all that is what this forums for isnt it! Anyway back on topic, iv been doing a bit of messing today and i must admit i am loving the fate eq! but i think im gonna hold on till alex release his creation,as someone said before alexs is an older unit,so there should be a marked difference! Im also loving the Ten AT4, does anyone own both of these that can give a bit of an insight to how thay compare? David you seem to be loving the fate eq,have you tried the AT4? Would love to hear your opinion oabout the two? So, once again everyone i really appreciate your time and your comments have helped me greatly peace,love and unity
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby david1103 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Mercado_Negro > you are right, i meant BMQ = api5500

mammoth eq seems pretty clean to me... you think its one of the most coloured?!

HIFIDELITY > glad you agree with the cutting down idea :) i have only tried the fate eq so can't really comment on the others.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby nicolasmasset » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm in the same boat Hifidelity, also trying to decide which N**e to go for and slimming down. One thing about the fate though is it's only recorded in 44.1, so I don't know if you quality loss while using it at 48 or 96, can anybody clarify?

I think I'm loving the alex73 the most atm, although I hope the full version includes a smaller gain jump than from 2db to 8db!
nicolasmasset
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 pm

david1103 wrote:mammoth eq seems pretty clean to me... you think its one of the most coloured?!

Yes, I do. Do not confuse "silky and smooth" sound with clean ;) . The sound changes a lot by just inserting it. Its character is unique, pleasant and 'creamy' though (one of the most analog sounding EQ's in Nebula's world) :)

nicolasmasset wrote:One thing about the fate though is it's only recorded in 44.1, so I don't know if you quality loss while using it at 48 or 96, can anybody clarify?

There's always a quality loss when sample rate conversion is involved but Nebula's SRC does a pretty good job imo.

I think I'm loving the alex73 the most atm, although I hope the full version includes a smaller gain jump than from 2db to 8db!

Don't worry, the commercial version doesn't use fixed values for gain, it goes from 0dB to +18dB.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby nicolasmasset » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Oh alright. Lets just hope it gets released soon!
nicolasmasset
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Barendse » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 am

I read AITB have also plans releasing 1093 & VR module........to make things easy;-)
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby analoginthebox.com » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:36 am

Well, if you're talking about an old 1073 anyway, you should probably go for AlexB's 73eQ which IS an old 1073 ;-) Contrary to AITBs FATE EQ which is a newer 1073.

I am not sure where the origin of this information is located as it is wrong. Fate EQ is based on a vintage unit. :D
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries