Login

Are there any Linear Phase EQ Libraries available?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Are there any Linear Phase EQ Libraries available?

Postby powderfinger » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:52 pm

I'd like to start using Linear Phase EQs for mastering. Any Nebula stuff out there that is Linear Phase?
powderfinger
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Are there any Linear Phase EQ Libraries available?

Postby highvoltage » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:10 pm

as far as i know linearphase eqing is totally a digital technique, so i dont see a reason to have that kind of programs in nebula, when you can do it with dedicated plugins. and a lot of bands at the same time too.

but dunno
highvoltage

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 pm

a good linear phase eq needs a big predelay. At the moment nebula is limiting predelay to 1.5 milliseconds. We could "unlock" this feature; from what we measured it's not necessary for almost all analog equalizers. If you need a linearphase eq there are plenty of choices in the digital domain.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 am

Agree. PSP Neon HR: cheap and powerfull. Or Algorithmix, more expensive but incredible good (for me the best).
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 am

http://www.ddmf.eu/products.php

lp10 would be the best if it didn't crash cubase for me all the time! $20 give away price.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/masterin ... sions.html

"After several days of methodical listening, I found that my ears liked the sound of the DDMF LP10 the most. Especially in the way it did not start to sound grainy and ear shredding in the top end. Some of the ones that people really highly recommend like the PSP NEON sound questionable in the top when you start to boost. Also, the UI was an important factor. I found many of them trying and tiring on my eyes and on my mind while operating them. I love the simplicity and the smooth clear layout and graphics of the DDMF LP10. The LP10 had something magical in the top end when setting the phase to minimum rather than linear. The LP10 sounded nicer in the top end than the EQIIPro by DDMF. I also liked the DDMF ColorEQ but not so much for mastering. It has a very analog EQ sound down in the bottom end for your bass and kick drum though. The LP10 works better for mastering and overall did the least amount of degradation to my audio when processing with it. "

well there's someone else's opinion to make me feel a little more validated... don't know why i bothered quoting it, just felt good somehow? :roll:
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mertayy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:15 am

http://www.sonoris.nl/catalog/linear-ph ... -p-29.html

Sort of like the affordable version of algorithmix red 8-) though I got an mail they're beta testing a new eq but don't know when it will be released.
mertayy

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice to hear other's views on this.

I've been using the 'NuGen Audio SEQ2' equalizer.

I can't say its the BEST ... but it seems the LEAST annoying for me to use :|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to 3rd party libraries