Login

AlexB : 73eQ PRO free demo download for Nebula plugin

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB : 73eQ PRO free demo download for Nebula plugin

Postby AlexB » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello,
the Vintage 73eQ PRO free demo is available to download from the 73eQ's page. You can use this programs with ALL nebula versions, including the FREE ones.

Restrictions:
- Only a few and fixed gain settings are available for each band
- The 220Hz setting for the low band has been completely removed
- Demo programs have 3kernels while the commercial programs have 5kernels (FULL), 3kernels (SE) and 1kernel (ND).

About 73eQ PRO.
This is THE vintage N**e Electronics 1073 eQ module taken off from the vintage console 8014. This unit, built in the early '70, was in good condition and all the electronic components are original.
What differentiates this unit from the modern reissues by AMS, or the other clones or racked units, are some components that cannot be found anymore and they made that unique sound. The Philips BC electrolytics and the Motorola power transistor (not the recent production made in Mexico) are the responsible of his open, deep and detailed sound.

At 0dB gain changing the band control the unit shows different coloration at the sound for each band and ALWAYS the pleasant roll-off at the top end. The original Marinair/St.Ives transformers give that rich harmonic sound.
Image Image

In particular the lovely saturation in the low band and the silky hi-mid with the classic roll off at the upper high: a characteristic which is present always on every band of the original equalizer, here sampled with all natural imperfection and nuance, thanks to top notch converter and a properly 96kHz sampling process.

In this pic you can see the frequency response with the classic distortion in the low end due to the saturation by original vintage output transformer

and here the same spectrum diagram without saturation: the real audio response. (It may vary form band to band)

I have carefully captured ALL the natural harmonic contents in the unit, in the actual programs they are limited to 5kernels but I hope in the future to improve the programs to 10k... When I'll switch to 64bit system.

Please note the high THD value without noise, alias or distortion... The pure sound pleasure

the good phase response

High filters (shelf)

Low Filters (shelf)

the Bell Filters (Mid filter)

and the very musical Low Cut Filters

I hope to release the commercial library in the next days. The commercial library will be without any serial-authorization

OFF-TOPIC [Mode ON]
I'll take off the serial-authorization from this release and than from all programs from the next month (I need to reprogram all ! But also I'll do some improvements ) since it seems that the other 3rd party developers have changed their mind, so I don't want to be the only bad guy here (and I don't like that someone make marketing about this...) and this kind of protection has some issues with the new Cubase's upgrade.... So I confide in the seriousness of the users since we (all 3rd party developers and I) are not big companies and every sale is important to keep on developing these programs.
OFF-TOPIC [Mode OFF]

Thank you 8-)

Alex
Last edited by AlexB on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB : 73eQ PRO free demo download for Nebula plugin

Postby paix1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Alex ! As you know I'm buying it as soon as you release it and I think all of us should and will be very happy helping you develop the wonderful samples for us and keeping it "for personal use only"
Thank you !
paix1
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Protected libraries or NOT ... I very much look forward to your quality releases at an affordable price.

Just as important are the specs, graphs and documentation that you provide. These are critically important in making purchase decisions [beside having a sample demo to evaluate]. I hope that [particularly for equalizers] that detailed graphs showing the available 'Q' factors, along with step-frequencies will always be available. This is very helpful.

Thank-you ... look forward to the commercial release :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby MOjO_FET » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Alex, thank you for the demo.

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Jozelo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 am

Really, Really Thank You for this Demo :D . I love Demos that I can use (example this one, with the 2db fixed gain) and if I like it, Buy it.

Gracias Alex :)
Saludos!
Jozelo
User Level I
User Level I

Postby AlexB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 am

Thank you!
New filter graphs added. ;)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 am

AlexB wrote: (and I don't like that someone make marketing about this...)

Yeah... some people have no manners ;)

Thanks for the demo !
lordnielson

Postby tumburu » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 pm

You're a gentleman. And you really know how to make people (that already have 2 or 3 N**e libraries) become interested in your products.

I will use this post to express my appreciation for the BMQ and VMQ no nonsense libraries. As you know I'm not a 96kHz only fan but I use with success the 1kernel versions of these two beauties.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 pm

FANTASTIC news the protection is going!! this library looks amazing, i hope it is a huge success :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby rrrobo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Alex,

Just wanted to say this is a beast and is absolutely as rich and alive as they come. I own Michael's 1084 too and that is as good but I must say these two are very different, individual sounding EQs, even though they're both vintage units from the same pedigree. I was surprised by the difference to be honest when set on the same settings, but this goes to show that vintage electronic gear is individual and unique and unpredictable - and I guess that's part of what makes it special.

I recommend to anyone to own both of these EQs as they will complement each other perfectly, just like owning the two actual hardware units would, with all of their unique characteristics.

Perfect, been waiting a long time for these.

Cheers Alex and Michael
Mark
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries