Login

analoginthebox...are they still in business?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: analoginthebox...are they still in business?

Postby indravayu » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm

tumburu wrote:Indeed, but if we're talking about a "business" here, they have incredibly low prices for top notch products, so I would be more forgiving and grateful even if I'll have to wait a week after spending the ridiculous 10 euros expense for a 3500$ eq library.

Wow...I suppose you'd be cool if some other online retailer, let's say iTunes, made you wait days - or even weeks - before letting you download a product that you already paid for, all the while ignoring your emails? I'd be fuming, personally.
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby tumburu » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Let's not go there. We're not talking about multi billion businesses here, but about a bunch of good guys that are offering us the cream of the equalizers at a symbolic price.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby arrangeit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 am

Hi fellow Nebulites,

We are all aware that the Nebula development community is tiny. We expect to put up with a certain amount of growing pain, because that is the nature of getting involved with an evolving product. I replied to a Giancarlo email with a similar sentiment after his help trouble-shooting an install problem that I encountered...we appreciate the struggles and the effort involved.

My problem with AITB was the expectation of having a product delivered within the guidelines established by the developer (within 24 hours). In fact when I purchased Doc Fear I assumed it was an immediate download (I had a free evening and was looking forward to experimenting with DF)...I found out otherwise only after completion of the purchase.

If AITB cannot adhere to a regular schedule of authorizations (or email correspondence) because of other commitments...I would be totally fine with that...if I only knew...

By way of example...at Acustica Audio we are told the Nebula authorization may take a day, but please email a reminder if necessary. My correspondene with Giancarlo and Enrique Silveti (email or forum) has been prompt, courteous and helpful...perfect.

My suggestion to AITB would be to let the customer know before purchase that this is not an immediate download and processing the authorization may take a week or so. That's it...just let the customer know what to expect.

This in no way is a refection on the product (Doc Fear) or the price which are both exceptional.

Cheers
-arrangeit
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Postby indravayu » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 pm

tumburu wrote:Let's not go there. We're not talking about multi billion businesses here, but about a bunch of good guys that are offering us the cream of the equalizers at a symbolic price.

I don't have a problem with the AITB guys personally - they seem like nice people and they make a great product - but I do have a problem with their business practices. Why can't they offer an instant download like some of the other Nebula developers (none of whom are raking in billions either)?
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:51 am

Niklas needs to get a laptop and internet access on the Road - job done.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby rhodes54 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm

I ordered the Mammoth EQ today and got my download link within' a few hours so no probs here!
rhodes54
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby analoginthebox.com » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:29 am

Hi guys,

I arrived back home tonight and after relaxing a bit it is time to jump in this thread to sort some things out and stop some speculations in this thread.

All our orders are processed within 1 business day, usually much faster. We had longer waiting times last year/begin of 2010 beacause I was out of office for 2 weeks and my partner as well. To avoid delays for the future we re-wrote the way orders are processed. We now have an admin backend on iPhone to process orders wherever we are.

arrangeit had very bad luck, because our back-end had a bug. We had another customer waiting a few days because of another bug. In both cases I was not able to see even his order because the script did not pass Paypal IPN information. (We don't work using Paypal emails, but we are using Paypal IPN to pass all informations directly to our database).
We processed other orders while arrangeit was waiting.

We apologize for any inconvenience- the bug (and I hope there is no more left!) is fixed.

My suggestion to AITB would be to let the customer know before purchase that this is not an immediate download

Yes, we will do this by sending an auto-respond email after purchase. It will be introduced within next week.
We'll introduce also immediate downloads for customers that are already registered on analoginthebox.com and use the same email address for paypal and analoginthebox.com login.

Niklas
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries