Login

MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby tumburu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:53 pm

They have no effect. Only the threshold and the make up do.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 pm

lordnielson wrote:
Barendse wrote:Thanks for creating! There's indeed something 'special' about the release.

:D

I tried putting 2 Dr.Peppers on the master for true stereo operation and that relaxed the stereo image a bit more. I've found that yes, you can actually use them that way if you hit them something like 0.2 - 0.5db but man it's a seriously heavy colour for the 2 bus.

Interesting nonetheless.

M/S works also, just leave threshold for the Mid Pepper at zero and maybe pull back the input level a little for less colour. For the Side Pepper you can go for some subtle GR.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby highvoltage » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:09 am

tumburu wrote:They have no effect. Only the threshold and the make up do.

I know they sholudn't have effect cause its not sampled, but for me they do (in nebula 2)
they are set to the center as default and i can actually lower or raise the attack and release kobs with audible effects.
that's why im asking, if i should just leave them where they are, or for example lower the attack for the fast attack programs.

i dont know why these parameters work at all in the first place...
highvoltage

Postby lordnielson » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:29 am

highvoltage wrote:I know they sholudn't have effect cause its not sampled, but for me they do (in nebula 2)
they are set to the center as default and i can actually lower or raise the attack and release kobs with audible effects.
that's why im asking, if i should just leave them where they are, or for example lower the attack for the fast attack programs.

i dont know why these parameters work at all in the first place...

There's no low to high value sampled, so if you're getting an effect it's Nebula being creative on your behalf. I'm not getting anything here but would suggest default.
lordnielson

Postby Stolle » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:25 pm

My guess on the attack release: It's only Nebula 3 PRO that can work with sampled envelopes. Thus Neb 3 Pro looks for the missing envelopes and doesn't give you attack release. Neb 2 and Neb 3 (not Pro) creates their own attack and release envelopes for the attack and release.
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby highvoltage » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Stolle wrote:My guess on the attack release: It's only Nebula 3 PRO that can work with sampled envelopes. Thus Neb 3 Pro looks for the missing envelopes and doesn't give you attack release. Neb 2 and Neb 3 (not Pro) creates their own attack and release envelopes for the attack and release.

thats what i was thinking... i have to buy nebula pro soon.
highvoltage

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Stolle wrote:My guess on the attack release: It's only Nebula 3 PRO that can work with sampled envelopes. Thus Neb 3 Pro looks for the missing envelopes and doesn't give you attack release. Neb 2 and Neb 3 (not Pro) creates their own attack and release envelopes for the attack and release.

correct
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby lordnielson » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow.. ;)

I wonder what I should do then to retain fixed attack/release for the non pro crowd.
Should I delete those entries in the "multi" section of the compression template ?
I originally thought about doing that, but figured that I might end up with a program where Nebula would try to create them itself.
LOL, that's partially what I ended up with even though I chose/intended the opposite.

Million dollar Q:
Is attack and release already sampled with the ratio sweep ?
lordnielson

Postby highvoltage » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 pm

lordnielson wrote:

Wow.. ;)

I wonder what I should do then to retain fixed attack/release for the non pro crowd.

my guess is you cant do much if the non-pro nebulas (plural nebulae?) are not compatible with sampled envelopes....
highvoltage

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 pm

lordnielson wrote:

Wow.. ;)

Should I delete those entries in the "multi" section of the compression template ?
I originally thought about doing that, but figured that I might end up with a program where Nebula would try to create them itself.
LOL, that's partially what I ended up with even though I chose/intended the opposite.

Million dollar Q:
Is attack and release already sampled with the ratio sweep ?

you can't! or you should avoid a "COMPRESSOR" session
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries