Login

MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby tumburu » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 am

What settings does Dr Pepper have?
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby Jozelo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:08 am

tumburu wrote:What settings does Dr Pepper have?


"This is a 4 kernel, 96khz compression program from my Purple Audio MC77. Ratio, attack and release are all preset so there's only threshold and makeup for you to manipulate.

The reason for this is that Nebula is still quite challenged with regards to compression, so I thought it better to find settings I like and then try to capture those (The less variables the less issues for Nebula to handle).

This program uses the settings :
Ratio 4:1
Attack 3
Release 5

Poplular setting for vocals, but not limited to it.
"

I hope that helps.

Saludos!
Jozelo
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby Barendse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 pm

lordnielson wrote:"DR. PEPPER" Dropbox and Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=85E6UDA0


Wow! This setting can even be used over a full mix with a very gentle 1 dB GR.

Maybe a leveler program (slowest attack & release) for home mastering engineers like me? ;-)

Thanks for your great programs!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby tumburu » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks Jozelo.

The first program posted can be useful in mastering. I tried it and it sounds nice.
User avatar
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby lordnielson » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Barendse wrote:
Maybe a leveler program (slowest attack & release) for home mastering engineers like me? ;-)

Thanks for your great programs!


MC77_R4_A1_RL1 is uploading to the dropbox folder now.

I would think that the release anomalies of Nebulas compression programs would create unwanted pumping like effects. But you requested it so there you are.

Also remember that it's a mono machine that I'm sampling so stereo image may suffer. I hadn't actually thought about it on busses (compressor sampling was only meant as a fun sideproject and to learning about the concept) but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers.
lordnielson
Member
Member
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Copenhagen

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby domandroland » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:23 am

The nuke setting rocks for a bit of parallel compression on my kick and snare!! It did exactly what i needed after a little midscoop.
---
www.domandroland.com
New singles with Noisia and Amon Tobin out soon.
domandroland
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby Barendse » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:22 am

lordnielson wrote:
Barendse wrote:
Maybe a leveler program (slowest attack & release) for home mastering engineers like me? ;-)

Thanks for your great programs!


MC77_R4_A1_RL1 is uploading to the dropbox folder now.

I would think that the release anomalies of Nebulas compression programs would create unwanted pumping like effects. But you requested it so there you are.

Also remember that it's a mono machine that I'm sampling so stereo image may suffer. I hadn't actually thought about it on busses (compressor sampling was only meant as a fun sideproject and to learning about the concept) but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers.


Thanks for creating! There's indeed something 'special' about the release.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby lordnielson » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 am

Barendse wrote:Thanks for creating! There's indeed something 'special' about the release.


:D

I tried putting 2 Dr.Peppers on the master for true stereo operation and that relaxed the stereo image a bit more. I've found that yes, you can actually use them that way if you hit them something like 0.2 - 0.5db but man it's a seriously heavy colour for the 2 bus.

Interesting nonetheless.
lordnielson
Member
Member
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Copenhagen

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby Barendse » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:00 pm

lordnielson wrote:
Barendse wrote:Thanks for creating! There's indeed something 'special' about the release.


:D

I tried putting 2 Dr.Peppers on the master for true stereo operation and that relaxed the stereo image a bit more. I've found that yes, you can actually use them that way if you hit them something like 0.2 - 0.5db but man it's a seriously heavy colour for the 2 bus.

Interesting nonetheless.


True, there's a lot of colour. Maybe too much for to put it on a full mix (Dr. Pepper setting works best for that I think).

Absolute interesting! Put on Dr. Pepper and you immediately hear what digital compressors are missing. The compression programs from CDS did prove that already btw.

Thanks again!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: MC77 (1176) Compression Programs

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

lordnielson wrote:. Ratio, attack and release are all preset so there's only threshold and makeup for you to manipulate.


So i should leave the attack/release parameters as they are in the center?
highvoltage
Member
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron