Login

MC77 (1176) Saturation Programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: MC77 (1176) Saturation Programs

Postby lordnielson » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 pm

scooter wrote:Thanks
Testing it out now
Hmmmm.. but I can't really hear it doing anything.

EDIT 3: Actually, this could have been a ReaperX64 issue.
I'm not getting the same results. And I can hear the distortion. This preset really makes transients explode unpredictably.

Cool man. I was gonna suggest that you take a really low squarewave and you'll notice the effect. Or a couple or more in series on a soloed track (you'll really start to hear the actual "sound" of the original unit that way).
It has a culminative effect that I like on snr, oh, bass and vox so far. Though this is saturation from an 1176, not from a nice reel2reel unit so I guess you have to find out where it works the best in a mix.

ALSO OF IMPORTANCE (to everybody here)

If you go into EDIT -> GLOB you'll see that I attenuated the Pad In by almost 3db. What I then assume is that you should be able to add up to 3db with in input knob (attenuate the same with the output knob) to reach the level of the original. I did it to get a more widely usable program that doesn't kill the source. But go crazy if you must 8-)

Cheers
lordnielson

Postby paulrussell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 am

Megaupload Download Limit Exceeded

If you need hosting space/bandwidth for this I can help you, for free. PM me directly
paulrussell
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 am

paulrussell wrote:Megaupload Download Limit Exceeded

If you need hosting space/bandwidth for this I can help you, for free. PM me directly

Hi Paul,

Peter (lordnielson) created an account at dropbox and all his programs are there. Here's the link:

http://db.tt/gZGzOP
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am

lordnielson wrote:This first one is an 11 kernel, 96khz program of my Purple Audio MC77. Max distortion. All dials at 11. If sonic integrity is your priority then avoid this program.

Nebula isn't able to capture the amount of distortion, nor the complete tonal spectrum of the original unit, but this is probably as close as it gets.

I've noticed some static like noises at times with this program, but since there isn't really any consummate Nat information available I'm not able to analyse nor ameliorate it.

Hello lordnielson. Thanks for share your EPs. Higher kernels (from 9 to 11) can corrupt the lower kernels due the small SNR. You MUST first find which is the maximum kernels that you can capture before get a corrupted higher kernels emulation preset. Does depends your sampling ring and the device under test (DUC). You could try repeats in NAT for get a better SNR.

Velinas, Mirco, Micheal and AlexB are expert in high kernel Preamp and EQ sampling you can send a PM to them...
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 am

enriquesilveti wrote:Hello lordnielson. Thanks for share your EPs. Higher kernels (from 9 to 11) can corrupt the lower kernels due the small SNR. You MUST first find which is the maximum kernels that you can capture before get a corrupted higher kernels emulation preset. Does depends your sampling ring and the device under test (DUC). You could try repeats in NAT for get a better SNR.

Velinas, Mirco, Micheal and AlexB are expert in high kernel Preamp and EQ sampling you can send a PM to them...

Thanks Enrique.

I did start out with 3 repeats on the program but it gave me a seriously warped freq response. could've just been a corrupted sampling session I suppose, so maybe I'll try again at some point. It's been my plan the whole time to make a program with less kernels (I wouldn't need to sample it again for that)
lordnielson

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am

lordnielson

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks Enrique. I did start out with 3 repeats on the program but it gave me a seriously warped freq response. could've just been a corrupted sampling session I suppose, so maybe I'll try again at some point. It's been my plan the whole time to make a program with less kernels (I wouldn't need to sample it again for that)

Thanks! Contact Velinas from Analog In The Box, he did a nightmare sampling sessions on Mammoth EQ library and survive! Now he have the "Volterra University Diploma"

If you plan to release commercial libraries you could associate with Acustica Audio and receive Nebula Platinum that make you able to manipulate almost every parameter of a sampling session.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:55 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Thanks! Contact Velinas from Analog In The Box, he did a nightmare sampling sessions on Mammoth EQ library and survive! Now he have the "Volterra University Diploma"

If you plan to release commercial libraries you could associate with Acustica Audio and receive Nebula Platinum that make you able to manipulate almost every parameter of a sampling session.

Cheers Enrique

I wouldn't mind Nebula Platinum and I do enjoy making programs, but I'm not sure about releasing commercial stuff.

The problem with Devs only releasing commercial libraries is that you have to guard your secrets when they make you money. You have to enforce protection to make sure everybody pays etc. Nebula and Nat doesn't move forward that way imo.

Maybe I'm naive and my views will change.
lordnielson

Postby paulrussell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Well done on the dropbox move. I look forward to thrashing these programs later on tomorrow. :D
paulrussell
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby trickster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 am

The problem with Devs only releasing commercial libraries is that you have to guard your secrets when they make you money. You have to enforce protection to make sure everybody pays etc. Nebula and Nat doesn't move forward that way imo.

Well said sir!!
trickster
User Level IV
User Level IV

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries