Re: FREE rare TAB/Telefunken W395a EQ

Postby Metalblast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm

THANX !!! the highs sounded great ! :o
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby rhodes54 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

rrrobo wrote:Hi rhodes, is this also in 44.1 like your N*****n EQ?

Cheers

Unfortunately yes. Sampling at 96K seems buggy. I haven't figured out why. It must have something to do with the NAT sampler.
Though, I've used quality converters & clocking and all has been sampled 24 bit which keeps loss at a minimum. I think the biggest difference is the fact that 44.1K is limited to a 20Khz bandwidth.
On the other hand: I think the sweep also stops at 20Khz, while I personally think it should run to 30Khz to be sure you pick up all (harmonic) content above 20Khz.
rhodes54
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks for your generosity :)

I'd love to try this out but unfortunately I always have problems with Megaupload. Could you please upload this program as well as the N*****n EQ's to Rapidshare or probably a free storage site like Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/)? (All official libraries by Giancarlo are stored in Dropbox).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rhodes54 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:Thanks for your generosity :)

I'd love to try this out but unfortunately I always have problems with Megaupload. Could you please upload this program as well as the N*****n EQ's to Rapidshare or probably a free storage site like Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/)? (All official libraries by Giancarlo are stored in Dropbox).

Added a Rapidshare link. ;)
rhodes54
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby MOjO_FET » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:23 pm

tumburu wrote:Wow, missed this one.

I'd love to hear an explanation about why this clean curves (1kernel eq programs) applied by using Nebula sound better than the usual algorithmic clean eqs.

Because a clean Nebula preset does not contain harmonic distorion, the source is still analog and not artificial/digital.

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:51 pm

tumburu wrote:Wow, missed this one.

I'd love to hear an explanation about why this clean curves (1kernel eq programs) applied by using Nebula sound better than the usual algorithmic clean eqs.

Nebula possesses the ability to capture many variables. Although not 100% comparable to analog - just yet - because of its complexity Nebula reflects a rich random behavior like its analog counterpart that can not be reproduced with code. Even without distortion, phase response and frequency response are important as part of the sound. Nebula can capture the dynamic frequency response like that of hardware, in which for example, subtle variations in frequency are observed with different gain levels throughout the entire signal or track. If you solve any equation to create an algorithm then you get something deterministic or 'static' that doesn't represent the real thing but something "like" it. I'm not saying code can't be useful, it can and it can sound good. But this comparing of the two is to help understand the "why" behind your question; why Nebula stands apart from everything else.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 am

rhodes54 wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Thanks for your generosity :)

Added a Rapidshare link. ;)

Thank you very much!

I haven't listened to them yet but I will try them in a mix tomorrow :) I appreciate your kindness rhodes54, keep up the good work.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 am

Unfortunately yes. Sampling at 96K seems buggy. I haven't figured out why. It must have something to do with the NAT sampler.

Send NAT session to Giancarlo for review, try to make a small NAT session with only a few steps and send too to Giancarlo.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm

thanks alot rhodes! will check this and the other EQ you've done!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

Hi,

I did some quick testing and noticed that the EQ changes the sound just by inserting. Maybe I was too tired last night or can anybody confirm?

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries