Login

alexb vs aitb N**e and A*I eq?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

alexb vs aitb N**e and A*I eq?

Postby scopus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi im looking to buy A*I and N**e eq, and notice both alexb and aitb sell the same eq, so is one different , or sound better than the other?

thnks
scopus
User Level I
User Level I

Re: alexb vs aitb N**e and A*I eq?

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I believe the A*I from AITB (the APE Channel) is more than just the EQ, it's a sample of a chain including a 2520 preamp.

I don't have the AlexB library (although I'm sure it's excellent) because I don't really need another A*I so I can't really help you with the comparison. But it says something that I never went looking for another choice in A*I flavored EQ, quite satisfied with the APE channel.

With N**e, it's the opposite; I have several N**e EQs that were sampled by Alex but I can't really compare to the AITB offerings. But the Alex N**e EQs (both the modern and the classic) are outstanding.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:53 pm

scopus wrote:im looking to buy A*I and N**e eq

Do you know what model of N**e or A*I EQ you wanna buy ? Or just a N**e and an A*I EQ ? If so ,just buy any of them (really).Now, if your money is tight,chose the cheapest and move on when you'll have more money.In Nebula,"almost" like in the real world at this quality level,it's all subjective there's no "sound better than the other?".

Now on the
scopus wrote:and notice both alexb and aitb sell the same eq, so is one different

On the A*I side they're not selling the same.Alex sells an 550A and a 5500.
AITB is selling a chain consisting of a 550B and a 3124.(you can argue that the 5500 is 550B x 2).

On the N**e side they both sampled a vintage 1073 but as in the real world (plus the whole Nebula sampling/AD/editing process) their programs sound different.For personal taste you should start a pole.For me they're just different...
AlexB got 2 other type of N**e EQ sampled too who have different flavors than the one above.

Finaly : CDSM got some very nice vintage and clone N**e EQs too.

So for me it all depends on : your money/what model you want/in some case here,how many bands you want.

Dig deeper,read the manuals,download the demos,see how every developer is organizing his presets,search on the real hardware,evaluate your own needs.

Just go ahead and I hope it helps.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dpclarkson » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I bought both 1073 eq's from Alex and
AITB; being 2 seperate units, it's convenient
as a stereo-pair.
dpclarkson

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:43 am

dpclarkson wrote:I bought both 1073 eq's from Alex and
AITB; being 2 seperate units, it's convenient
as a stereo-pair.

I use similar libraries like that as pairs, but I have learned through some big errors to listen for phase issues. Just sayin'.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm

scopus wrote:Hi im looking to buy A*I and N**e eq, and notice both alexb and aitb sell the same eq, so is one different , or sound better than the other?

thnks
I think the "AITB" N**e has more zing to it. I have a hard time landing mix with Alex's N**e.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby scopus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 pm

didnt know they were diff A*I models, n since looking for api550a, that decision is out of the way. also didnt know cdsoundmaster had the N-TEN-AT4 which looks really cool, esp in VST :shock: , anyone compare that with the other N**e's?
thnks
scopus
User Level I
User Level I

Postby piperboy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:05 pm

I have all three and honestly, nten84 gets more usage.

Alex version has a dirty quality that I really like a lot. If I am not mistaken though, his does not include the preamp, only the eq section. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

AITB ver is a little cleaner and for the price, nothing short of awesome.

CD Soundmaster has everything including the beautiful gui that makes it a true joy. The whole strip is sampled every way I can think of so it is very useful for whatever needs you may have.

I would highly recommend any of the three, but again CDS edges out the others in the end imho.

Try the free programs offered and decide for yourself. :)
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby faun2500 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:01 pm

I use both from AITB. I personally don't use the A*I very much at all but the 1073 is used every day. I can only compare it to the UAD N**e and not anything else but I know that sound and it gives me that all right. :)

One thing I didn't realise is the A*I has a mid range with some RANGE!
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby emilieitor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I have all three and honestly, nten84 gets more usage.

It´s a complete channel strip, not only a equalizer.
emilieitor
User Level X
User Level X

Return to 3rd party libraries