Login

So Transcited

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

So Transcited

Postby mertayy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I downloaded the demo when it was introduced but simply forgot about it later on...

Last night I gave it a shot and this is one of the most interesting preset available to nebula if not the most. If I remember right there was something in the official library but this sounds better.

I thought it was an SPL product but saw on the older forum that its something else. I even compared to the official spl plug-in and this sounded way warmer and to me easier to use and understand capability's.

I'd like to try more before I ask about usage but what I really wonder is what is it doing? I asked a similar question about the spl vitaliser but couldn't get a good reply.

I'm not very good with electronics but a simple explanation would be enough for my curiosity :)
mertayy

Re: So Transcited

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:08 am

mertayy wrote:I downloaded the demo when it was introduced but simply forgot about it later on...

Last night I gave it a shot and this is one of the most interesting preset available to nebula if not the most. If I remember right there was something in the official library but this sounds better.

I thought it was an SPL product but saw on the older forum that its something else. I even compared to the official spl plug-in and this sounded way warmer and to me easier to use and understand capability's.

I'd like to try more before I ask about usage but what I really wonder is what is it doing? I asked a similar question about the spl vitaliser but couldn't get a good reply.

I'm not very good with electronics but a simple explanation would be enough for my curiosity :)

hey mertayy! Thanks man, that's exactly what I am going for in how you described it. Something unique and useful. Funny thing actually, a friend of mine owns the SPL you mentioned and so that was one of my several reference points amongst other exciters as benchmark/comparascents so I smiled when you mentioned it. Real simple, aside from the focal point or main unit based around, it's also basically a chain of specific band or freq filtered groups that I used the transients of by way of some gating methods (which you can try with software actually too) and processed those with Sovtek 12Ax7 long plate tubes. I wanted it to be precise though so the session was very BIG, as I mentioned about 2300 samples or so total. So basically 'So Transcited' loves transients and creates the harmonic information based on that. Which is what gives such a natural enhancement especially with drums and percussion. I'm planning another with the same concept but different goal ;)
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to demo other things you sample in the future.

I mainly tryed it on a few full mix's and controlled the highs with a multiband comp. It really takes the nasal sound away nice and has a glue to it, somehow reminds me of commercially mastered albums.
mertayy

Postby nlesca » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm

yup very good program indeed, mysonmax also is very usefull and does something unique...I'm using these programs everyday along with lots of other tools for my audio work (basically I do some Hip Hop drums design for some brand).
nlesca
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Barendse » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

The full program is even better.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Great! 8-)
nlesca good to hear the update
And Barendse nice to see you made it

I appreciate all feedback guys
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am

Seriously it's the only exciter program I like so far.

Try it on a full mix in the (home)mastering chain. 1dB on the lowest setting somewhere between 400 and 500hz does the trick.

When the problems with the DDMF Metaplugin are fixed you could also import So Transcited in Metaplugin for some M/S excitement. Follow it by MS Smith boosting stereo by 1dB or so and you could be a little suprised ;-)

Have a nice day!
Barend
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Barendse wrote:Seriously it's the only exciter program I like so far.

Try it on a full mix in the (home)mastering chain. 1dB on the lowest setting somewhere between 400 and 500hz does the trick.

When the problems with the DDMF Metaplugin are fixed you could also import So Transcited in Metaplugin for some M/S excitement. Follow it by MS Smith boosting stereo by 1dB or so and you could be a little suprised ;-)

Have a nice day!
Barend

That's definitely the coolest way I've heard of it being used :P
I hope DDMF can get the metaplugin straightened out, it can be very useful. Thanks for sharing Barend!
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries