Login

Considering My Son Max

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Considering My Son Max

Postby anthonyw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:06 am

I'm considering getting My Son Max, but before I do I was just wondering if there are any other programs I should consider for giving material that focused and 'finalized' sound?

I was also interested in the "So Transcited" program but I noticed that the idea with it is that it's focused on certain frequencies and specializes in transients.

I'm mainly using Nebula to process busses and mastering. I was also considering that it might be a good idea to not get any of these types of processors.

I do already have Behemoth and it's great, but I'm just not sure about processing the hi frequencies with these types of programs.

Your thoughts?
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Considering My Son Max

Postby Mplay » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 pm

I use So Transcited as a mixing tool, by emphasizing different frequencies on different channels or busses. Mysonmax is always in my master chain, I know no other program that does what it does.
Mplay

Postby anthonyw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Ok, thank you for your input! :D
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby faun2500 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Mplay wrote:I use So Transcited as a mixing tool, by emphasizing different frequencies on different channels or busses. Mysonmax is always in my master chain, I know no other program that does what it does.

Really? What dose it do?
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mplay » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:43 pm

It's basicly a spiced up sonic maximizer.
Mplay

Postby anthonyw » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:35 pm

I received some great advice on kvraudio.com regarding making the decision for my son max and that is to just leave everything at 0 on the master. It really does something great in this case.
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby marcpinol » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:54 pm

I really like My Son Max, but always keeping it really smooth (like 2 dB on bass frequency and 1 dB in highs, sometimes even less). It's not working on everything (I use it on the master channel, but not on every project, specially if I want a really natural sound), but in the synth buss it does miracles, just glues the lows in a, let's say, unnatural but kind way.

Hard to explain what it does exactly! :-)
marcpinol
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Mauri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 am

I bought My Son Max yesterday and am so far using it on a drum group track where it works really well, adds some shimmering highs (just a touch, maybe 2-3db, of the high knob) which helps the kit to cut through in the mix nicely.

This actually brought me back to Nebula (not very user friendly yet ;) ), I was losing interest after I bought a UAD2 card and some of their plugs...

Cheers,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jesse.nemitz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Finding the balance between UAD and Nebula is the KEY!!! (That and a tiny bit of external summing where needed hehe)
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Return to 3rd party libraries