Login

Nebula Programs Anonymous

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Nebula Programs Anonymous

Postby cps418 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

richie43 wrote:I always mean well. I just get hot headed bout audio.
I'm not gonna lie I still slip one neb on the master bus, (just for analogish tone), but with todays standard of music, the young clients want to hear "digital", they want to see protools, and the want to see fruity loops. I'm 44 years old, so I do know what things are supposed to sound like from back in the days, but living in this autotune era I gotta give the people what they want.... They are paying.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 pm

cps418 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie I still slip one neb on the master bus, (just for analogish tone), but with todays standard of music, the young clients want to hear "digital", they want to see protools, and the want to see fruity loops. I'm 44 years old, so I do know what things are supposed to sound like from back in the days, but living in this autotune era I gotta give the people what they want.... They are paying.

I totally understand. And you are lucky, you have paying clients! I am primarily creating tracks for hire, I am TRYING to upgrade into a full studio service, so I do understand that you need to do whatever it takes to pay bills. I was just reacting based on what I refer to as my "inner ear" tells me. But even with this auto-tune era, I see a rising trend of breaking the mold coming, and it's a good time for artists to start making art from the heart again, similar to the 70's attitude. The internet has made all things possible and the consumer is more experimental about genres and style. Go ahead and ease up on the "digital" and ProTools and brickwall limiter, you'd be surprised how people who think they want all of that will love the more natural tones and dynamics. It sounds "new" to them Lol, for sure.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

richie43 wrote:
cps418 wrote:

I totally understand. And you are lucky, you have paying clients! I am primarily creating tracks for hire, I am TRYING to upgrade into a full studio service, so I do understand that you need to do whatever it takes to pay bills. I was just reacting based on what I refer to as my "inner ear" tells me. But even with this auto-tune era, I see a rising trend of breaking the mold coming, and it's a good time for artists to start making art from the heart again, similar to the 70's attitude. The internet has made all things possible and the consumer is more experimental about genres and style. Go ahead and ease up on the "digital" and ProTools and brickwall limiter, you'd be surprised how people who think they want all of that will love the more natural tones and dynamics. It sounds "new" to them Lol, for sure.
That mold called "record company" does seem to be breaking, with all the digital downloads their time does seem limited. I think only then will the trends become more diverse. But right now everyone is chasing fame-a dollar-a record deal, so these young rapper/r&b clients that I have are trapped, and since they come to see me I guess I am to. I'm sure neb has it's place, but these kids are not from the led zeplin days. We humans can convince ourselves that what we here is good, even if it does sound bad, that's how all this digital/loudness war stuff got started.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

cps418 wrote:That mold called "record company" does seem to be breaking, with all the digital downloads their time does seem limited. I think only then will the trends become more diverse. But right now everyone is chasing fame-a dollar-a record deal, so these young rapper/r&b clients that I have are trapped, and since they come to see me I guess I am to. I'm sure neb has it's place, but these kids are not from the led zeplin days. We humans can convince ourselves that what we here is good, even if it does sound bad, that's how all this digital/loudness war stuff got started.

Yes, I understand. It is a sad reality, as is the need to actually make money doing something that we love. Ah, life. But you are right, Neb has it's place somehow,but it certainly is not with a client present who expects a fast work-flow.... OMG.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries