Login

Nebula Programs Anonymous

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Nebula Programs Anonymous

Postby richie43 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 pm

faun2500 wrote:I don't have a problem and I don't come on this forum everyday to check for new releases.

Any new ones out?

How would I know, I hardly even check the forum.....

But no, there aren't any I know of...... :roll:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby MOjO_FET » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:16 am

Hello, I wouldn't say I am actually a nebulaholic,
I am in fact recovering from years of bad digital algorithms. Nebula is like a therapy and the third party developers are like medicinemen. Giancarlo is the pope. And anybody who creates an algorithmic plug-in claiming it sounds analogue is a heretic.
Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby cps418 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

I think it is addicting, but I don't think we buy 100% for the quality, (maybe at first we do), but then it's just because of the price of the software vs. the real hardware (bragging rites so to speak). I have crazy presets and I do not use neb anymore. I went back to the other software, and it is catching up. Four years ago neb was night and day, but not anymore
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Really , what are you using? if it is close I want to know!!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:36 pm

timp wrote:Really , what are you using? if it is close I want to know!!
I now use duende on all tracks and ozone5 on the master, and my tracks shine quite well.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm

cps418 wrote:
I now use duende on all tracks and ozone5 on the master, and my tracks shine quite well.

All respect due, and not intended to be an insult, but I still prefer some Nebula presets over eaither of those. I thought that Ozone destroyed audio. My ears hated both of those softwares, but there is something for everyone. Cheers.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 pm

richie43 wrote:
cps418 wrote:

All respect due, and not intended to be an insult, but I still prefer some Nebula presets over eaither of those. I thought that Ozone destroyed audio. My ears hated both of those softwares, but there is something for everyone. Cheers.

It may depend on how ozone is used, as the name of this post says "Nebula Programs Anonymous". The addiction of using this, or that just because of the name (N**e, S*L A*I protools) takes away from the real goal (MAKE GOOD MUSIC). I think i finally got that, but if neb makes you your good music, so be it. P.S. ozone does not kill music, like guns do not kill people.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 am

Yeah, I hear ya. I just never had any luck with Ozone, but as I said, more power to you. And even though my previous 20+ years in audio were all analog, I was on the other side of the mic and console, so I don't even remember all of the nuances of most of the hardware that I now use as Nebula emulations. So I am definitely not lured by the names like N**e, A*I, etc. I just know what my all analog ears like and don't like in digital audio, and before I used Nebula, I was very tempted to invest in all analog. I DO like some algo compressors, and a few Stillwell eq's (I actually love the Stillwell eq's....), but my ears did not like anything about Ozone. I have heard some great music from other people who swear by it, but given the name on this thread, I was also playing the part of the hopeless Neb addict, defending it to my grave...lol. Peace.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 am

richie43 wrote:Yeah, I hear ya. I just never had any luck with Ozone, but as I said, more power to you. And even though my previous 20+ years in audio were all analog, I was on the other side of the mic and console, so I don't even remember all of the nuances of most of the hardware that I now use as Nebula emulations. So I am definitely not lured by the names like N**e, A*I, etc. I just know what my all analog ears like and don't like in digital audio, and before I used Nebula, I was very tempted to invest in all analog. I DO like some algo compressors, and a few Stillwell eq's (I actually love the Stillwell eq's....), but my ears did not like anything about Ozone. I have heard some great music from other people who swear by it, but given the name on this thread, I was also playing the part of the hopeless Neb addict, defending it to my grave...lol. Peace.
Good way to end it.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 am

I always mean well. I just get hot headed bout audio.
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries