Login

Best general channel HP and LP FIlters in Nebula?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Best general channel HP and LP FIlters in Nebula?

Postby tumburu » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 am

I still use AirEq.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:43 am

Recent gone back into the libs, and gave another
listen to the 'StateofLogic' eq's.

Can any info be provided as to WHERE/WHAT this lib comes from. Obviously we can conclude that S*L may be a considered moniker ... but what I'd like to know ... is there a 3rd party commercial release of this ??

If NOT ... what commercial library would be related?

Thank-you for your assistance :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

RJHollins wrote:Recent gone back into the libs, and gave another

Can any info be provided as to WHERE/WHAT this lib comes from. Obviously we can conclude that S*L may be a considered moniker ... but what I'd like to know ... is there a 3rd party commercial release of this ??

Thank-you for your assistance :)

Alex B has S*L console & eq programs.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tonhelm » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 am

RJHollins wrote:Recent gone back into the libs, and gave another
is there a 3rd party commercial release of this ??

Try CLQ PRO from Alex B. This is the "Brown 02" equalizer from the SSL4000E desk. Unfortunately unavailable ATM, since Alex is removing the copy-protection from all of his libraries. AFAIR they will be back within this month.

cheers,

Tony
tonhelm
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

About EPs inside Acustica Audio library ask always to Mirco, he is the library coordinator.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:26 pm

In the new update of CleQ-PRO AlexB included a HPF and a LPF. I used to use Mammoth's filters but these new filters from the Brown 02 EQ have just replaced them as my "go-to"!!

Very musical. I can get rid of hum and/or 'kick/bass' leakage from recordings pretty easily with this HPF and the original signal is barely affected (I've tried it up to 150Hz on vocals and it's amazing how they remove everything below and still keep the low end). The LPF is something I didn't expect to hear in the digital world ever, I can go down to 13kHz and it barely touches the signal, very very useful to make things sit better in the mix and keep their presence as well.

Though they're sampled at 96kHz they load pretty fast here and take almost nothing (about 10MB of RAM and 0.1% of CPU in Reaper).

Cheers!
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:31 pm

to conclude this thread - I got the Mammoth which is great but I also recently picked up Alex B S*L EQ and its LPF and HPF are excellent - plus the low end is heavy...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 pm

old thread I know.. but.. anyone compared filters from Modern Logic Eq and Classic Logic Eq? I`m looking for the most pure LPF for general mixing.. Mammoth filters somehow sound not good.. pretty harsh I think.. which is weird compared to its sweet Hi shelves.. Any other LP filters for nebula? Eric has one filter but it has some resonance.. something I don`t want this time. So.. CLQ or MLQ filters?? :P Happy Easter by the way..
lipa

Postby elam » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 pm

I don't own the MLQ Lipa,but I use exclusively the CLQ.
Keep in mind that you always have the option of the 1 kernel program ("Special programs without harmonic distortion").
On the paper/real world the MLQ is supposed to be the
lipa wrote:most pure

In use, even if I use the 3 kernel presets all the time,the 1 kernel preset still have "something going on". So it's not the purest or the most transparent filters,but for that, I think, you should look at algo.filters...
Good luck.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby lipa » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 am

Ok, thanks for response.. but I didn`t make myself clear.. I want and like the harmonics beef and kernels type of color.. I meant the amount of resonance in filter curves solely.. but I should just dig in the manuals.. I`ll do so, Alex prints nice curves..it can be read. Besides, I`ll probably go for the CLQ.. got and love Classic Logic Console and Dynamics, so why not have full path.. (we would like the Gate/Expander too!).
:roll:
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries