Login

CDSoundMaster "N-TEN-AT4" Now Available !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster "N-TEN-AT4" Now Available !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:47 am

Hi there!
DP is right about the N**e, and Tumburu yes that is a valid question. I've answered it somewhere in a previous thread, but I believe it is one of those questions that is very important and it deserves the 'long answer'.
I am going to place it in a faq on ClubVST.com
Also, I believe I saw you requested information on R2R for more details in the manual. Is this correct? If so, I seem to remember trying to get that information updated in the old R2R thread which by now I'm not sure where that is!
So, that will also go on a FAQ over at ClubVST.com

Here is the "Q" answer:
http://clubvst.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~67.asp

tumburu wrote:
dpclarkson wrote:
michael - how come you dont do variable Q in your programs?

Because there is no variable Q available in the original unit,
in fact, the frequencies in the 1084 are fixed, not sweepable.

The question is generic, the eq programs made by Michael don't have q controls.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby greekpeet » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:51 pm

I've had the chance to use this on a few projects, and own both the FateQ, and AlexB's MWC Pro (sans EQ). This is by far my most favorite N**e console/program to date. Its incredibly smooth, detailed, and musical. While compared to Michael's last program release (the Bogen) that I found isn't necessarily great on every channel in the mix for me I felt it had an indispensable and unique place to add real electricity to synths that need presence and a little bit of smooth bite that I can't find in any other program.

This isn't the case with this, I was able to use it on every channel using both the mixer settings for Bus, individual inputs, and master bus along with this using my only eq to really get to know this program in and out. I have to say not only was it perfect for the material I was working on, but the eq will make its way into future productions as a roll your own mix bus full of A*I, N**e, and various tube stages. A friend of mine commented on the great stereo depth, and smooth musical quality this program brought to the mix (he is an all digital aficionado, but amazing musician/engineer) that he hadn't heard before. Its these types of programs that will get our mixes and Nebula big recognition.

So far after testing this, the Fate Q, 115 (N**e design), and AlexB's this is used about 80% of the time (console and EQ wise) when I want the N**e sound on a track or channel. I find myself going between AlexB's A*I, N-TEN-AT4, FateQ input, and Bogen (in this order of use) for a the past few mixes for console color.

Absolutely indispensable program.

We truly are blessed to have all these amazing tools at our disposal and the EQ alone compliments the ones I already own and use daily AT4, Mammoth, DocFear, 115, NiceEQ, PeakQ.

I find myself saying on a mix I completed last night for someone, boy if I didn't have this EQ I'm not sure what I'd do. I said that for my top five listed above, and really am not sure what I'd do without it, the 115, Mammoth, DocFear, & NiceQ.

This is just getting crazy here!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by greekpeet on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm

greekpeet wrote:I've had the chance to use this on a few projects, and own both the FateQ, and AlexB's MWC Pro (sans EQ). This is by far my most favorite N**e console/program to date. Its incredibly smooth, detailed, and musical. While the Bogen isn't necessarily great on every channel in the mix I felt its a place to add real electricity to synths that need presence and a little bit of smooth bite.

This isn't the case with this, I was able to use it on every channel using both the mixer settings for Bus, individual inputs, and master bus along with this using my only eq to really get to know this program in and out. I have to say not only was it perfect for the material I was working on, but the eq will make its way into future productions.

So far after testing this, the Fate Q, 115 (N**e design), and AlexB's this is used about 80% of the time (console and EQ wise). I find myself going between AlexB's A*I, N-TEN-AT4, FateQ input, and Bogen (in this order of use) for a the past few mixes.

Absolutely indispensable.

We truly are blessed to have all these amazing tools at our disposal and the EQ alone compliments the ones I already own and use daily AT4, Mammoth, DocFear, 115, NiceEQ, PeakQ.

I find myself saying on a mix I completed last night for someone, boy if I didn't have this EQ I'm not sure what I'd do. I said that for my top five listed above.

This is just getting crazy here!
:mrgreen:

Thanks a lot, I have actually been waiting/hoping for a comparison of Fate, N-Ten-AT4 and MWQ before I committed to a 3rd party N**e style EQ!

I certainly do agree with you, we find ourselves with a tremendous (and quickly growing) palette of programs today. I knew when I started with Nebula that it would eventually end up similar to how it is today but I didn't truly appreciate that we were "there" yet until the other day I realized that my mixes are taking me twice as long because I stop a hundred times along the way to compare console programs lol. That said, in addition to really getting exactly the sound I want, I'm actually quite enjoying hearing all these classic units that I surely will never be able to afford to add to my personal studio.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby greekpeet » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:01 pm

No kidding, and don't get me wrong, I found a lot of value with the FateQ but to be honest Michael's rendition is more diverse (this is only my opinion).

AlexB's MWC Pro is great, but it doesn't suit the material I'm mixing right now (dance, break beat, musical progressive house), and find it yields more to my Eno style ambient things.

AlexB's MBC and CDSM N-TEN-AT4 is a dynamite combination for he style of music I'm mixing.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby rrrobo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 pm

This is a really brilliant EQ Michael, thanks. Just what I've been waiting for.

I know Alex's 1073 is just around the corner too and I'd suggest to anyone interested in a 1073/1084 type EQ that using both would be a good idea. It will impart a nice realism as if you had two vintage units, both slightly different and each bringing their own individual character.

Nice!

Cheers
Robo
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:45 am

I think the Nebula community is going to be a bit spoiled for choice when it comes to these "N Type" eq's. It looks like it's only going to get harder to choose between them too! I'm sure we'll see a shoot out at some point..

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby vicnestE » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 am

Why the default value of "1084-SH-LO-I-7K" is 85Hz, "0.04"??

And ctrl-click the GAIN make it into -1dB.

Any idea??
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Some programs from CDSM are like that. It means that the setting has the most neutral effect.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm

rrrobo wrote:This is a really brilliant EQ Michael, thanks. Just what I've been waiting for.

I know Alex's 1073 is just around the corner too and I'd suggest to anyone interested in a 1073/1084 type EQ that using both would be a good idea. It will impart a nice realism as if you had two vintage units, both slightly different and each bringing their own individual character.

Nice!

Cheers
Robo

The 1084 eq sounds great. Try the free 1084 programs on the snare (-360/+3200). Other N**e programs seems to muffle a little but this one remains punchy and clear.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby greekpeet » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:28 am

After more use of the program I really like the combination of Alex B's MWC, or the line inputs to the N-TEN-AT4 with the EQ that comes with the package on percussion and well sampled drum machine samples. This thing is absolutely amazing on EQing individual drum samples or full kits yet still keeps the character of the sound and the transient response when doing some deeper cuts. Also you can enhance the clarity of percussion and drums without mega transient spikes similarly found in digital EQs.

This EQ has really pushed my sound into a new dimension for tone shaping the final drum mix. Its at first a bit un assuming, but its clear power of getting what I need in a mix on a well sampled drum machine, or an already good sounding drum kit. With modern dance music things are a bit too digitally aggressive sonically speaking (in not the best way IMO). This tool comes along and allows the super fidelity of the program and the awesome tone shaping allowing me to add a unique, smooth, and crystal clear character to my mixes.

Works well on synths too, but it isn't a super color/character piece.

Listen, I'm not an expert or a professional yet but I know what I like to hear more than what I don't like to hear and you could do a very solid mix with only this EQ and pre.

If you still haven't picked up a copy I strongly suggest to, as I've been using it for a bit now and still get excited about it.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries