Login

CDSoundMaster "N-TEN-AT4" Now Available !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CDSoundMaster "N-TEN-AT4" Now Available !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

The latest CDS Collection has arrived!

For more information and for immediate download, visit here:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/software.html

Manual:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/N-TEN-AT4manual.html

Manual PDF:
http://monumentalaudio.com/N-TEN-AT4manual.pdf

Free Sample Programs for ALL Nebula Users to try out:
http://monumentalaudio.com/mac-pc/N-TEN ... 4-FREE.zip

Graphs:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/N-TEN-AT4graphs.html

Thanks and God Bless You,
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: CDSoundMaster "N-TEN-AT4" Now Available !!!

Postby lordnielson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Smooth. Thanks for bringing back free samples.
lordnielson

Postby everbeatz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanx a lot for this program Michael!

Very appreciated
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby fuseburn » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 pm

lordnielson wrote:Smooth. Thanks for bringing back free samples.

Absolutely ! Sounds amazing...Really well done.
Can you tell us something about the gain staging of the 1084-FREE-K7 program ? It seems to have a different gain structure than the BELL and SH ones
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Michael,

Can you tell me how the original hardware differs from, say, the original hardware in the RASS (1073 Clean EQs). Sounds like it has more frequency bands, but are there other differences?
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby dpclarkson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:30 pm

I just bought it, and it sounds amazing!
However, I have to upsample to 96Khz, because this
program doesn't respond well, when increasing the RATE-CNV.
I'm still considering converting my entire library to 48Khz,
because I can't stand the reloading and fiddling with xml-files anymore!
I understand this can be done in NAT2? And how?

Thanks!
dpclarkson

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi there,
It sounds like you just need the right setting in Nebula as a one time setting. I don't know the precise minimum setting for rate convert, but once it is done it is done, and it works well for all programs. It will simply convert the programs to 48 for you and it tests well on all systems this way.
dpclarkson wrote:I just bought it, and it sounds amazing!
However, I have to upsample to 96Khz, because this
program doesn't respond well, when increasing the RATE-CNV.
I'm still considering converting my entire library to 48Khz,
because I can't stand the reloading and fiddling with xml-files anymore!
I understand this can be done in NAT2? And how?

Thanks!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi,

Wow the big questions came right away. I thought I had a long time before setting up comparison pages! :)

I don't know if they are still connected, but early on I did some 73-line comparisons and Velinas did some as well.

I plan to do more to prove some theory on design, but to also disprove some popular innacurate sound comparisons that are floating out there on hardware for sale.

The Clean73's are an experiment based upon applying the concept of the RASS full signal chain to stagnant test IR's that are based upon a popular un-named platform eq-only section of a '73. The Silver '73 is the gorgeous Chameleon 7602 (same one used to create a 4-stage hybrid inductor/transformer/4 stage tube monster vintage eq). The 7602 has a difference of about +6dB more headroom than the stated amp stages of the 73/84's and as a result it's eq section also has between +/2dB and +-5dB more peak. It runs cleaner at exact same settings in comparison to vintage units, but once calibrated by listening as opposed to markings, you can almost hear no difference at all. There are two series of hardware comparisons out there that I think are a little off in comparison; one of them I believe is symptom of listening with the wallet and the other based on an inaccurate basis and more centered around sales, which is fine.

The Ten-AT4 is based around the exact same guts as the '73. It was a response to needing a console with more flexible eq. The '81 has many features as well- more than either of the first series, but a slightly different sound and set-up circuitry. I personally think of the '84 as the perfect design because it maintains everything I love about the '73 with more options, and I get a little lost in the settings on the '81 and prefer the overtly-aesthetic lows and mids of the earlier, less accurate design. Some people will only use an '81 for its unique lows as well, which is why I'm excited when that one comes out as well!

I would generalize to say that the preamp section differs the most between the original units from this release to RASS, and the extreme bands are different bell shapes beecause of amplification differences, and the fact that the 1084 has regular and narrow mid-frequency bands.

By the way, in the graphs if you notice any settings not based around +0dB, it is because the bands have so much gain that they will bend the shape when pushed all the way positive. So, they are lowered to show the accurate shape.

ngarjuna wrote:Michael,

Can you tell me how the original hardware differs from, say, the original hardware in the RASS (1073 Clean EQs). Sounds like it has more frequency bands, but are there other differences?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks!

The gain staging for the FREE-K7 is based upon a fairly clean K11 preamp stage without the eq engaged set for a -5dB level (equaling +5dB gain). It has a generous amount of harmonics tuned in and is good for general use to make console channels.

Long story short, the console is all based around 1272 and 1290 amps and corresponding xfo's, so there is very little variation from channel to group to mains, just to layering up of more of the same in the path. That is to say, you can comfortably use this for the entire DAW layout if desired.

The most interesting preamp/console setting to me, is using eq engaged which gives less high end response but more high harmonic content, which makes for 'that' circuit sound in addition. You can hear this in the free eq's. It is worth the commercial version for K11 :) !

fuseburn wrote:
lordnielson wrote:Smooth. Thanks for bringing back free samples.

Absolutely ! Sounds amazing...Really well done.
Can you tell us something about the gain staging of the 1084-FREE-K7 program ? It seems to have a different gain structure than the BELL and SH ones
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dpclarkson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi there,
It sounds like you just need the right setting in Nebula as a one time setting. I don't know the precise minimum setting for rate convert, but once it is done it is done, and it works well for all programs. It will simply convert the programs to 48 for you and it tests well on all systems this way.

Hey Michael, thanks for the reply!
I'm using Nebula only for offline-rendering in Soundforge 9, and I make
chains of Nebula in SF's plugin-chainer.
Whenever I create a new chain, everything loads fine, correct sampling-rate, etc.
When I save a chain as a preset and recall the saved chain, the arrow is blinking again...and reloading works, but it's a pain.
So it might as well be a flaw in SF, instead of Nebula 3 (latest version),
but I want to rule out everything completely, before pointing fingers.
Can anyone reconstruct this?

Thanks!
dpclarkson

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries